There are schools offering ESL classes in Virginia!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in Virginia
The top-ranked school in Virginia with a ESL program is University of Mary Washington, which is located in Fredericksburg. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. In 2010, University of Mary Washington graduated no students from its ESL program. University of Mary Washington charged in-state students $7,862 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Virginia with a ESL program is Shenandoah University, which is located in Winchester. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. 8 students graduated with degree in ESL from Shenandoah University in 2010. Shenandoah University charged in-state students $26,080 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Virginia with a ESL program is Marymount University, which is located in Arlington. In 2010, it was ranked 43rd nationwide. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Marymount University ESL program. Students at Marymount University paid $23,426 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Virginia's ESL schools ranges from $26,080 per year to $7,862 per year. But, the average tuition is $16,074 per year. In 2010, the following Virginia ESL schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Shenandoah University - located in Winchester, students are charged $26,080 per year
- Marymount University - located in Arlington, students are charged $23,426 per year
- Liberty University - located in Lynchburg, students are charged $18,064 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Virginia ESL schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Mary Washington - located in Fredericksburg, students are charged $7,862 per year
- George Mason University - located in Fairfax, students are charged $8,684 per year
- Regent University - located in Virginia Beach, students are charged $12,330 per year
An ESL degree from a Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of ESL graduates in Virginia pursue careers as an english language teacher. If you decide to work as an english language teacher in Virginia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,150 Virginia english language teachers as of 2010. The largest populations of Virginia english language teachers are working in the following counties:
- Chesapeake County - 540 english language teachers
- Caroline County - 270 english language teachers
- Giles County - 130 english language teachers
An english language teacher in Virginia earns $57,620 per year on average. However, Virginia english language teachers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $21,660 per year to more than $144,630 per year in 2010. An english language teacher in the following Virginia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Buchanan County - $63,700 per year
- Caroline County - $56,100 per year
- Giles County - $55,310 per year
On average, english language teachers earns the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Amherst County - $44,360 per year
- Brunswick County - $47,420 per year
- Alleghany County - $51,490 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in ESL. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as English or education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Esl in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Esl in Virginia
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||4,640||$55,370||11.0%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||2,150||$57,620||39.6%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||1,460||$49,100||-17.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in Virginia