There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth University, which is located in Richmond, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. 50 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2010. The tuition rate at Virginia Commonwealth University was $8,817 per year.
Emory and Henry College, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a graphic design program. It is located in Emory. The tuition rate at Emory and Henry College was $26,000 per year.
The third-ranked school in Virginia that has a graphic design program is Marymount University. Marymount University, which was ranked 43rd in the country in 2010, is located in Arlington. In 2010, Marymount University graduated 15 students from its graphic design programs. Tuition at Marymount University was $23,426 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Virginia's graphic design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $18,596 per year, though tuition can range from $26,000 per year to $8,817 per year. The Virginia graphic design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Emory and Henry College - located in Emory, students are charged $26,000 per year
- Virginia Intermont College - located in Bristol, students are charged $25,542 per year
- Ferrum College - located in Ferrum, students are charged $24,945 per year
The following Virginia graphic design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Virginia Commonwealth University - located in Richmond, students are charged $8,817 per year
- ECPI College of Technology - located in Virginia Beach, students are charged $13,550 per year
- Westwood College-Annandale - located in Annandale, students are charged $14,575 per year
A graphic design degree from a Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of graphic design graduates in Virginia pursue careers as a graphic designer. Virginia had 5,560 graphic designers in 2010. The Virginia counties with the largest populations of graphic designers are:
- Caroline County - 810 graphic designers
- Chesapeake County - 800 graphic designers
- Albemarle County - 210 graphic designers
The government projects that the number of graphic designers in Virginia will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 9,220 graphic designers working in Virginia.
On average, a graphic designer earns a salary of $51,900 per year in Virginia state. But, salaries for graphic designers can vary. In 2010, graphic designers made as little as less than $18,940 per year or as much as more than $89,860 per year in Virginia. A graphic designer in the following Virginia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Caroline County - $49,260 per year
- Giles County - $47,290 per year
- Chesapeake County - $46,090 per year
The following counties in Virginia have the lowest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Buchanan County - $28,440 per year
- Amherst County - $34,600 per year
- Brunswick County - $36,000 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Virginia
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Virginia