There are schools offering health information programs in Virginia!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Virginia
Around 0.0% of Virginia's graduates graduate from health information degree programs every year. That means an estimated 74 health information technicians graduate from Virginia's 7 health information schools each year.
National College-Salem, which is located in Salem, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. In 2010, National College-Salem graduated 48 students from its health information program. Students at National College-Salem paid $10,489 per year in tuition fees.
Sanz School, which is located in Falls Church, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010.
Northern Virginia Community College, which is located in Annandale, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. 6 students graduated with degree in health information from Northern Virginia Community College in 2010. Tuition at Northern Virginia Community College was $2,998 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Virginia's health information schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,256 per year, though tuition can range from $11,880 per year to $2,998 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Virginia health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Phoenix-Richmond Campus - located in Richmond, students are charged $11,880 per year
- University of Phoenix-Northern Virginia Campus - located in Reston, students are charged $11,880 per year
- National College-Salem - located in Salem, students are charged $10,489 per year
The health information schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
- Tidewater Community College - located in Norfolk, students are charged $3,212 per year
- Virginia Highlands Community College - located in Abingdon, students are charged $3,330 per year
A health information degree from a Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of health information graduates in Virginia pursue careers as a health information technician. Virginia had 3,740 health information technicians in 2010. The Virginia counties with the largest populations of health information technicians are:
- Chesapeake County - 1,000 health information technicians
- Caroline County - 640 health information technicians
- Botetourt County - 260 health information technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of health information technicians is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,280 health information technicians working in the Virginia then.
On average, health information technicians earn $35,200 per year. However, Virginia health information technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,190 per year to more than $58,170 per year in 2010. On average a health information technician earns the most in the following Virginia counties:
- Albemarle County - $38,190 per year
- Brunswick County - $37,460 per year
- Harrisonburg County - $36,400 per year
The following counties in Virginia have the lowest average salaries for health information technicians:
- Danville County - $26,280 per year
- Buchanan County - $30,820 per year
- Giles County - $31,140 per year
For more data regarding a career in health information in Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical coding, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Virginia
- Certificate in Health Information in Virginia
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||3,740||$35,200||11.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Virginia