There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Virginia!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Virginia
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Delaware
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Pennsylvania
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Washington DC
- Healthcare Administration Programs in North Carolina
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Maryland
- Healthcare Administration Programs in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Virginia
Each year, roughly 0.3% of Virginia students graduate with degrees in healthcare administration. That means an estimated 575 healthcare administrators graduate from Virginia's 27 healthcare administration schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Virginia that has a healthcare administration program is James Madison University. James Madison University, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Harrisonburg. 29 students graduated with a degree in healthcare administration from James Madison University in 2010. The tuition rate at James Madison University was $7,860 per year.
The second-ranked school in Virginia that has a healthcare administration program is Virginia Commonwealth University. Virginia Commonwealth University, which was ranked 32nd in the country in 2010, is located in Richmond. In 2010, 52 students graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University healthcare administration program. The tuition rate at Virginia Commonwealth University was $8,817 per year.
The third-ranked school in Virginia that has a healthcare administration program is Shenandoah University. Shenandoah University, which was ranked 41st in the country in 2010, is located in Winchester. Tuition at Shenandoah University was $26,080 per year.
Tuition at Virginia's healthcare administration schools ranges from $27,122 per year to $2,652 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,335 per year. The Virginia healthcare administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Centura College - located in Chesapeake, students are charged $27,122 per year
- Centura College - located in Norfolk, students are charged $27,122 per year
- Shenandoah University - located in Winchester, students are charged $26,080 per year
The healthcare administration schools in Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Mountain Empire Community College - located in Big Stone Gap, students are charged $2,652 per year
- Lord Fairfax Community College - located in Middletown, students are charged $3,300 per year
- Wytheville Community College - located in Wytheville, students are charged $3,330 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare administration school in Virginia go on to work as a healthcare administrator. Virginia had 5,840 healthcare administrators in 2010. The largest populations of Virginia healthcare administrators are working in the following counties:
- Caroline County - 1,230 healthcare administrators
- Chesapeake County - 1,060 healthcare administrators
- Botetourt County - 340 healthcare administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,560 healthcare administrators will be working in Virginia state. This would require the number of healthcare administrators to grow by 20%.
A healthcare administrator in Virginia earns $94,330 per year on average. But, salaries for healthcare administrators can vary. In 2010, healthcare administrators made as little as less than $43,180 per year or as much as more than $163,190 per year in Virginia. The following counties in Virginia have the highest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Botetourt County - $102,320 per year
- Albemarle County - $102,280 per year
- Frederick County - $102,060 per year
On average, healthcare administrators earns the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Brunswick County - $72,260 per year
- Buchanan County - $74,490 per year
- Danville County - $84,550 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Healthcare Administration in Virginia
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Virginia
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||5,840||$94,330||38.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Virginia