There are schools offering HVAC training in Virginia!
Schools Offering Hvac Programs in Virginia
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Virginia receive HVAC certificates every year. That means an estimated 286 heating and air conditioning mechanics graduate from Virginia's 13 HVAC schools each year.
Tidewater Tech-Trades, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a HVAC program. It is located in Norfolk. In 2010, Tidewater Tech-Trades graduated 44 students from its HVAC program. Tidewater Tech-Trades charged in-state students $12,870 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Virginia with a HVAC program is Advanced Technology Institute, which is located in Virginia Beach. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. 63 students graduated with certificate in HVAC from Advanced Technology Institute in 2010. Students at Advanced Technology Institute paid $12,700 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Virginia that has a HVAC program is CET-Alexandria. CET-Alexandria, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Alexandria. In 2010, CET-Alexandria graduated 93 students from its HVAC programs. The tuition rate at CET-Alexandria was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Virginia's HVAC schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,366 per year, though tuition can range from $12,870 per year to $2,616 per year. The Virginia HVAC schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Tidewater Tech-Trades - located in Norfolk, students are charged $12,870 per year
- Advanced Technology Institute - located in Virginia Beach, students are charged $12,700 per year
- Virginia Western Community College - located in Roanoke, students are charged $3,510 per year
The HVAC schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Southwest Virginia Community College - located in Richlands, students are charged $2,616 per year
- Mountain Empire Community College - located in Big Stone Gap, students are charged $2,652 per year
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
A HVAC certificate from a Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of HVAC graduates in Virginia pursue careers as a heating and air conditioning mechanic. If you decide to work as a heating and air conditioning mechanic in Virginia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 8,280 Virginia heating and air conditioning mechanics as of 2010. The Virginia counties with the largest populations of heating and air conditioning mechanics are:
- Chesapeake County - 1,990 heating and air conditioning mechanics
- Caroline County - 1,370 heating and air conditioning mechanics
- Botetourt County - 550 heating and air conditioning mechanics
The government projects that by 2018, the number of heating and air conditioning mechanics in the state of Virginia will grow to 15,690. This would require a 32% growth in the profession.
A heating and air conditioning mechanic in Virginia makes an average of $44,510 per year. However, this number is only an average. heating and air conditioning mechanics in Virginia had varying salaries from $16,550 to $68,850 per year in 2010. A heating and air conditioning mechanic in the following Virginia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Accomack County - $44,580 per year
- Frederick County - $43,430 per year
- Botetourt County - $42,980 per year
A heating and air conditioning mechanic in the following counties in Virginia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Buchanan County - $29,160 per year
- Giles County - $29,840 per year
- Brunswick County - $33,400 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in HVAC. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as plumbing or carpentry.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hvac in Virginia
- Certificate in Hvac in Virginia
Curious what studying HVAC gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers||8,280||$44,510||-4.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are HVAC related jobs in Virginia