There are schools offering information technology degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Information Technology Programs in Virginia
- Information Technology Degrees in Delaware
- Information Technology Degrees in Pennsylvania
- Information Technology Degrees in Washington DC
- Information Technology Degrees in North Carolina
- Information Technology Degrees in Maryland
- Information Technology Degrees in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Virginia
Around 1.1% of Virginia's graduates graduate from information technology degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 2,095 information technology professionals graduate from Virginia's 57 information technology schools.
The top-ranked school in Virginia with a information technology program is University of Virginia-Main Campus, which is located in Charlottesville. In 2010, it was ranked 10th nationwide. In 2010, 58 students graduated from University of Virginia-Main Campus' information technology program. Students at University of Virginia-Main Campus paid $10,828 per year in tuition fees.
College of William and Mary, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a information technology program. It is located in Williamsburg. In 2010, College of William and Mary graduated 31 students from its information technology program. Students at College of William and Mary paid $12,188 per year in tuition fees.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, which is located in Blacksburg, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a information technology program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. 169 students graduated with degree in information technology from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University was $9,459 per year.
Information technology schools in Virginia, charge students an average tuition of $11,706 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,610 per year, or as little as $2,616 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Virginia information technology schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Richmond - located in University Of Richmond, students are charged $41,610 per year
- Roanoke College - located in Salem, students are charged $31,214 per year
- Randolph-Macon College - located in Ashland, students are charged $30,608 per year
The following Virginia information technology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southwest Virginia Community College - located in Richlands, students are charged $2,616 per year
- New River Community College - located in Dublin, students are charged $2,677 per year
- Dabney S Lancaster Community College - located in Clifton Forge, students are charged $2,842 per year
An information technology degree from a Virginia school... what next?
In Virginia, the largest numbers of information technology professional work in the following counties:
- Caroline County - 1,410 information technology professionals
- Chesapeake County - 1,200 information technology professionals
- Albemarle County - 180 information technology professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of information technology professionals is expected to grow by 27% by 2018. There are projected to be 16,180 information technology professionals working in the Virginia then.
On average, information technology professionals earn a salary of $138,000 per year in Virginia state. However, Virginia information technology professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $44,260 per year to more than $165,860 per year in 2010. The following counties in Virginia have the highest average salaries for information technology professionals:
- Accomack County - $148,630 per year
- Caroline County - $122,770 per year
- Amherst County - $116,020 per year
On average, information technology professionals earn the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Buchanan County - $84,450 per year
- Brunswick County - $92,710 per year
- Botetourt County - $103,190 per year
The information technology professionals with highest average salaries in Virginia were:
- Information Technology Manager - $138,000 per year
On average, the lowest paid information technology professionals in Virginia were:
- Information Technology Manager - $138,000 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in information technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as information technology or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Information Technology in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Information Technology in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Information Technology in Virginia
- Certificate in Information Technology in Virginia
Curious what studying Information Technology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Computer and Information Systems Managers||13,160||$138,000||30.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are information technology related jobs in Virginia