There are schools offering management courses in Virginia!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Virginia
The top-ranked school in Virginia with a management program is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, which is located in Blacksburg. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. In 2010, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University graduated 91 students from its management program. Tuition at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University was $9,459 per year.
University of Mary Washington, which is located in Fredericksburg, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a management program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 0 students graduated from University of Mary Washington management program. The tuition rate at University of Mary Washington was $7,862 per year.
The third-ranked school in Virginia that has a management program is Virginia Commonwealth University. Virginia Commonwealth University, which was ranked 32nd in the country in 2010, is located in Richmond. 26 students graduated with degree in management from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2010. The tuition rate at Virginia Commonwealth University was $8,817 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Virginia's management schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $16,181 per year, though tuition can range from $29,905 per year to $2,998 per year. In 2010, the following Virginia management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Lynchburg College - located in Lynchburg, students are charged $29,905 per year
- Shenandoah University - located in Winchester, students are charged $26,080 per year
- Emory and Henry College - located in Emory, students are charged $26,000 per year
The management schools in Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
- Old Dominion University - located in Norfolk, students are charged $6,214 per year
- Virginia State University - located in Petersburg, students are charged $6,570 per year
A management degree from a Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from management school in Virginia go on to work as a manager. In 2010, there were 51,920 managers working in Virginia. The largest populations of Virginia managers are working in the following counties:
- Chesapeake County - 8,560 managers
- Caroline County - 8,550 managers
- Botetourt County - 1,820 managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of managers in the state of Virginia will grow to 52,060. This would require a 5% growth in the profession.
A manager in Virginia earns $122,420 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. managers in Virginia had varying salaries from $28,830 to $152,780 per year in 2010. The counties in Virginia with the highest average salary for a manager are:
- Caroline County - $113,690 per year
- Albemarle County - $111,380 per year
- Chesapeake County - $109,080 per year
The following counties in Virginia have the lowest average salaries for managers:
- Brunswick County - $79,680 per year
- Buchanan County - $81,740 per year
- Alleghany County - $84,950 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Management in Virginia
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||51,920||$122,420||56.2%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||32,080||$41,200||1.0%|
|Managers, All Other||14,230||$112,490||37.8%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||5,840||$94,330||38.1%|
|Food Service Managers||2,870||$57,160||-26.8%|
|Industrial Production Managers||2,320||$94,550||-16.5%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||2,150||$89,330||31.9%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||1,400||$133,590||55.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Virginia