There are schools offering MBA programs in Virginia!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Virginia
The top-ranked school in Virginia that has a MBA program is University of Virginia-Main Campus. University of Virginia-Main Campus, which was ranked 10th in the country in 2010, is located in Charlottesville. 390 students graduated with a degree in MBA from University of Virginia-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Virginia-Main Campus was $10,828 per year.
College of William and Mary, which is located in Williamsburg, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a MBA program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. In 2010, College of William and Mary graduated 409 students from its MBA program. Students at College of William and Mary paid $12,188 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Virginia with a MBA program is Washington and Lee University, which is located in Lexington. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. In 2010, 90 students graduated from Washington and Lee University MBA program. Tuition at Washington and Lee University was $40,387 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Virginia's MBA schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $16,381 per year, though tuition can range from $45,628 per year to $2,998 per year. In 2010, the MBA schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Vienna, students are charged $45,628 per year
- University of Richmond - located in University Of Richmond, students are charged $41,610 per year
- Washington and Lee University - located in Lexington, students are charged $40,387 per year
The MBA schools in Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
- John Tyler Community College - located in Chester, students are charged $3,080 per year
- Tidewater Community College - located in Norfolk, students are charged $3,212 per year
A MBA degree from a Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of MBA graduates in Virginia pursue careers as a general manager. 51,920 general managers were working in Virginia in 2010. The Virginia counties with the largest populations of general managers are:
- Chesapeake County - 8,560 general managers
- Caroline County - 8,550 general managers
- Botetourt County - 1,820 general managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of general managers is expected to grow by 5% by 2018. There are projected to be 52,060 general managers working in the Virginia then.
A general manager in Virginia earns $122,420 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. general managers in Virginia had varying salaries from $28,830 to $152,780 per year in 2010. A general manager in the following Virginia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Caroline County - $113,690 per year
- Albemarle County - $111,380 per year
- Chesapeake County - $109,080 per year
On average, general managers earns the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Brunswick County - $79,680 per year
- Buchanan County - $81,740 per year
- Alleghany County - $84,950 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Virginia
- Certificate in Business Administration in Virginia
Curious what studying MBA gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||51,920||$122,420||56.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are MBA related jobs in Virginia