There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Virginia!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Virginia
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Virginia students graduate with degrees in physical therapy assisting. Thus, Virginia's 6 physical therapy assistant schools put out approximately 126 physical therapy assistants each year.
Jefferson College of Health Sciences, which is located in Roanoke, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 43rd in the country in 2010. 29 students graduated with a degree in physical therapy assistant from Jefferson College of Health Sciences in 2010. Students at Jefferson College of Health Sciences paid $18,810 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Virginia with a physical therapy assistant program is ECPI College of Technology, which is located in Virginia Beach. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. 16 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from ECPI College of Technology in 2010. The tuition rate at ECPI College of Technology was $13,550 per year.
Northern Virginia Community College, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a physical therapy assistant program. It is located in Annandale. 25 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from Northern Virginia Community College in 2010. Students at Northern Virginia Community College paid $2,998 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Virginia's physical therapy assistant schools ranges from $18,810 per year to $2,998 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,497 per year. In 2010, the following Virginia physical therapy assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences - located in Roanoke, students are charged $18,810 per year
- ECPI College of Technology - located in Virginia Beach, students are charged $13,550 per year
- Wytheville Community College - located in Wytheville, students are charged $3,330 per year
The following Virginia physical therapy assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
- John Tyler Community College - located in Chester, students are charged $3,080 per year
- Tidewater Community College - located in Norfolk, students are charged $3,212 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from a Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from physical therapy assistant school in Virginia go on to work as a physical therapy assistant. 1,790 physical therapy assistants were working in Virginia in 2010. The largest populations of Virginia physical therapy assistants are working in the following counties:
- Chesapeake County - 380 physical therapy assistants
- Amherst County - 150 physical therapy assistants
- Caroline County - 150 physical therapy assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,220 physical therapy assistants will be working in Virginia state. This would require the number of physical therapy assistants to grow by 40%.
On average, a physical therapy assistant earns a salary of $50,440 per year in Virginia state. In 2010, however, some Virginia physical therapy assistants earned as little as less than $20,210 per year or as much as more than $94,850 per year. On average a physical therapy assistant earns the most in the following Virginia counties:
- Amherst County - $63,850 per year
- Danville County - $55,500 per year
- Buchanan County - $54,260 per year
The Virginia counties with the lowest average salary for physical therapy assistants are:
- Alleghany County - $39,930 per year
- Giles County - $42,230 per year
- Accomack County - $46,010 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in physical therapy assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Virginia
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||1,790||$50,440||37.7%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||1,010||$24,730||14.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Virginia