There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Virginia!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Virginia
Around 0.2% of Virginia's graduates graduate from radiology degree programs every year. That means an estimated 371 radiology technicians graduate from Virginia's 18 radiology technician schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Virginia with a radiology technician program is Virginia Commonwealth University, which is located in Richmond. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. 34 students graduated with a degree in radiology technician from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2010. Tuition at Virginia Commonwealth University was $8,817 per year.
The second-ranked school in Virginia that has a radiology technician program is Jefferson College of Health Sciences. Jefferson College of Health Sciences, which was ranked 43rd in the country in 2010, is located in Roanoke. Students at Jefferson College of Health Sciences paid $18,810 per year in tuition fees.
Bon Secours St Mary's Hospital School of Medical Imaging, which was ranked 43rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Richmond. 32 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from Bon Secours St Mary's Hospital School of Medical Imaging in 2010. Bon Secours St Mary's Hospital School of Medical Imaging charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Virginia's radiology technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,963 per year, though tuition can range from $22,956 per year to $2,616 per year. The Virginia radiology technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Averett University - located in Danville, students are charged $22,956 per year
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences - located in Roanoke, students are charged $18,810 per year
- ECPI College of Technology - located in Virginia Beach, students are charged $13,550 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Virginia radiology technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Southwest Virginia Community College - located in Richlands, students are charged $2,616 per year
- Eastern Shore Community College - located in Melfa, students are charged $2,856 per year
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
A radiology technician degree from a Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from radiology technician school in Virginia go on to work as a radiology technician. Virginia had 5,290 radiology technicians in 2010. In Virginia, the largest numbers of radiology technicians work in the following counties:
- Chesapeake County - 1,300 radiology technicians
- Caroline County - 980 radiology technicians
- Botetourt County - 280 radiology technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,020 radiology technicians will be working in Virginia state. This would require the number of radiology technicians to grow by 16%.
On average, radiology technicians earn $57,640 per year. The following counties in Virginia have the highest average salaries for radiology technicians:
- Caroline County - $57,780 per year
- Chesapeake County - $56,770 per year
- Frederick County - $54,950 per year
The Virginia counties with the lowest average salary for radiology technicians are:
- Buchanan County - $44,330 per year
- Amherst County - $46,720 per year
- Brunswick County - $49,770 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Virginia
- Certificate in Radiology in Virginia
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||7,520||$174,020||77.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Virginia