There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Virginia!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Virginia
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Virginia graduates receive degrees in respiratory therapy. That means an estimated 180 respiratory therapists graduate from Virginia's 8 respiratory therapy schools each year.
Shenandoah University, which is located in Winchester, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 41st in the country in 2010. 32 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from Shenandoah University in 2010. The tuition rate at Shenandoah University was $26,080 per year.
Jefferson College of Health Sciences, which is located in Roanoke, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 43rd in the country in 2010. 23 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from Jefferson College of Health Sciences in 2010. Jefferson College of Health Sciences charged in-state students $18,810 in tuition fees per year.
Northern Virginia Community College, which is located in Annandale, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. 18 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from Northern Virginia Community College in 2010. Students at Northern Virginia Community College paid $2,998 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Virginia's respiratory therapy schools ranges from $26,080 per year to $2,616 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,905 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Virginia respiratory therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Shenandoah University - located in Winchester, students are charged $26,080 per year
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences - located in Roanoke, students are charged $18,810 per year
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College - located in Richmond, students are charged $3,528 per year
The respiratory therapy schools in Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southwest Virginia Community College - located in Richlands, students are charged $2,616 per year
- Mountain Empire Community College - located in Big Stone Gap, students are charged $2,652 per year
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of respiratory therapy graduates in Virginia pursue careers as a respiratory therapist. 2,280 respiratory therapists were working in Virginia in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Virginia respiratory therapists:
- Chesapeake County - 500 respiratory therapists
- Caroline County - 380 respiratory therapists
- Buchanan County - 140 respiratory therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of respiratory therapists in the state of Virginia will grow to 2,780. This would require a 20% growth in the profession.
On average, respiratory therapists earn $55,170 per year. However, this number is only an average. respiratory therapists in Virginia had varying salaries from $30,760 to $73,850 per year in 2010. The following counties in Virginia have the highest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Alleghany County - $59,360 per year
- Chesapeake County - $55,240 per year
- Caroline County - $54,510 per year
On average, respiratory therapists earns the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Amherst County - $44,640 per year
- Buchanan County - $44,870 per year
- Giles County - $47,050 per year
For more data regarding a career in respiratory therapy in Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Virginia
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||180||$47,550||-67.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Virginia