There are schools offering school psychology programs in Virginia!
Schools Offering School Psychology Programs in Virginia
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Virginia students graduate with degrees in school psychology. That means an estimated 92 school psychologists graduate from Virginia's 7 school psychology schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Virginia with a school psychology program is University of Virginia-Main Campus, which is located in Charlottesville. In 2010, it was ranked 10th nationwide. In 2010, University of Virginia-Main Campus graduated 60 students from its school psychology program. University of Virginia-Main Campus charged in-state students $10,828 in tuition fees per year.
College of William and Mary, which is located in Williamsburg, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 19 students graduated from College of William and Mary school psychology program. Students at College of William and Mary paid $12,188 per year in tuition fees.
James Madison University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a school psychology program. It is located in Harrisonburg. In 2010, James Madison University graduated 9 students from its school psychology programs. Tuition at James Madison University was $7,860 per year.
Tuition at Virginia's school psychology schools ranges from $23,426 per year to $7,694 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,859 per year. The Virginia school psychology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Marymount University - located in Arlington, students are charged $23,426 per year
- Regent University - located in Virginia Beach, students are charged $12,330 per year
- College of William and Mary - located in Williamsburg, students are charged $12,188 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Virginia school psychology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Radford University - located in Radford, students are charged $7,694 per year
- James Madison University - located in Harrisonburg, students are charged $7,860 per year
- George Mason University - located in Fairfax, students are charged $8,684 per year
A school psychology degree from a Virginia school... what next?
A large number of Virginia school psychology graduates become school psychologists. 2,220 school psychologists were working in Virginia in 2010. The Virginia counties with the largest populations of school psychologists are:
- Caroline County - 460 school psychologists
- Chesapeake County - 420 school psychologists
- Alleghany County - 80 school psychologists
The government projects that the number of school psychologists in Virginia will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,410 school psychologists working in Virginia.
A school psychologist in Virginia earns $67,140 per year on average. But, salaries for school psychologists can vary. In 2010, school psychologists made as little as less than $29,660 per year or as much as more than $93,780 per year in Virginia. On average a school psychologist earns the most in the following Virginia counties:
- Frederick County - $68,750 per year
- Botetourt County - $65,890 per year
- Alleghany County - $65,420 per year
The following counties in Virginia have the lowest average salaries for school psychologists:
- Brunswick County - $56,670 per year
- Amherst County - $58,250 per year
- Buchanan County - $61,650 per year
For more data regarding a career in school psychology in Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or speech therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in School Psychology in Virginia
- Master's Degree in School Psychology in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in School Psychology in Virginia
Curious what studying School Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||2,220||$67,140||-4.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are school psychology related jobs in Virginia