There are schools offering sports management degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Sports Management Programs in Virginia
The top-ranked school in Virginia with a sports management program is Virginia Commonwealth University, which is located in Richmond. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. In 2010, Virginia Commonwealth University graduated 20 students from its sports management program. The tuition rate at Virginia Commonwealth University was $8,817 per year.
Eastern Mennonite University, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a sports management program. It is located in Harrisonburg. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Eastern Mennonite University sports management program. Students at Eastern Mennonite University paid $25,200 per year in tuition fees.
Lynchburg College, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a sports management program. It is located in Lynchburg. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Lynchburg College sports management program. Lynchburg College charged in-state students $29,905 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Virginia's sports management schools ranges from $29,905 per year to $6,570 per year. But, the average tuition is $19,416 per year. The Virginia sports management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Lynchburg College - located in Lynchburg, students are charged $29,905 per year
- Emory and Henry College - located in Emory, students are charged $26,000 per year
- Virginia Intermont College - located in Bristol, students are charged $25,542 per year
The sports management schools in Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Virginia State University - located in Petersburg, students are charged $6,570 per year
- Averett University-Non-Traditional Programs - located in Danville, students are charged $8,115 per year
- Virginia Commonwealth University - located in Richmond, students are charged $8,817 per year
A sports management degree from a Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of sports management graduates in Virginia pursue careers as a sports manager. 14,230 sports managers were working in Virginia in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Virginia sports managers:
- Caroline County - 1,450 sports managers
- Chesapeake County - 1,450 sports managers
- Botetourt County - 300 sports managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of sports managers in the state of Virginia will grow to 30,480. This would require a 9% growth in the profession.
On average, sports managers earn $112,490 per year. However, Virginia sports managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,930 per year to more than $148,770 per year in 2010. A sports manager in the following Virginia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Caroline County - $101,540 per year
- Frederick County - $100,110 per year
- Chesapeake County - $95,310 per year
The following counties in Virginia have the lowest average salaries for sports managers:
- Danville County - $63,350 per year
- Brunswick County - $68,010 per year
- Buchanan County - $69,170 per year
For more data regarding a career in sports management in Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or sports management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Sports Management in Virginia
Curious what studying Sports Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||14,230||$112,490||37.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports management related jobs in Virginia