There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in Virginia
Around 0.0% of Virginia's graduates graduate from sports medicine degree programs every year. Thus, Virginia's 14 sports medicine schools put out approximately 85 sports medicine professionals each year.
James Madison University, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a sports medicine program. It is located in Harrisonburg. 14 students graduated with a degree in sports medicine from James Madison University in 2010. The tuition rate at James Madison University was $7,860 per year.
The second-ranked school in Virginia that has a sports medicine program is Virginia Commonwealth University. Virginia Commonwealth University, which was ranked 32nd in the country in 2010, is located in Richmond. 2 students graduated with degree in sports medicine from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2010. Virginia Commonwealth University charged in-state students $8,817 in tuition fees per year.
Roanoke College, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a sports medicine program. It is located in Salem. 3 students graduated with degree in sports medicine from Roanoke College in 2010. The tuition rate at Roanoke College was $31,214 per year.
If you choose to attend a Virginia sports medicine school, average tuition will be $18,589 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $7,694 per year to $31,214 per year. In 2010, the sports medicine schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Roanoke College - located in Salem, students are charged $31,214 per year
- Lynchburg College - located in Lynchburg, students are charged $29,905 per year
- Shenandoah University - located in Winchester, students are charged $26,080 per year
The sports medicine schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Radford University - located in Radford, students are charged $7,694 per year
- James Madison University - located in Harrisonburg, students are charged $7,860 per year
- George Mason University - located in Fairfax, students are charged $8,684 per year
A sports medicine degree from a Virginia school... what next?
sports medicine graduates in Virginia can go into a variety of professions such as sports medicine coordinator , physical therapy professor, coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. Virginia had 21,380 sports medicine professionals in 2010. 7,520 of these sports medicine professionals were sports medicine physicians, 480 were sports medicine coordinator s, and 2,270 were physical therapy professors. The largest populations of Virginia sports medicine professional are working in the following counties:
- Caroline County - 4,420 sports medicine professionals
- Chesapeake County - 4,120 sports medicine professionals
- Botetourt County - 1,420 sports medicine professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of sports medicine professionals in the state of Virginia will grow to 15,610. This would require a 37% growth in the field.
sports medicine professionals in Virginia earn $77,437 per year on average. But, salaries for sports medicine professional can vary. In 2010, sports medicine professional made as little as less than $15,520 per year or as much as more than $160,900 per year in Virginia. The following counties in Virginia have the highest average salaries for sports medicine professionals:
- Frederick County - $106,830 per year
- Accomack County - $105,213 per year
- Harrisonburg County - $103,947 per year
The Virginia counties with the lowest average salary for sports medicine professionals are:
- Caroline County - $68,978 per year
- Chesapeake County - $74,147 per year
- Albemarle County - $76,600 per year
The sports medicine professionals with highest average salaries in Virginia were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $174,020 per year
- Physical Therapy Professor - $82,920 per year
- Physical Therapist - $78,720 per year
On average, the lowest paid sports medicine professionals in Virginia were:
- Sports Medicine Coordinator - $41,610 per year
- Coach - $36,910 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in sports medicine and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Sports Medicine in Virginia
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||7,520||$174,020||77.8%|
|Coaches and Scouts||5,160||$36,910||27.1%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||2,270||$82,920||-6.2%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||1,790||$50,440||37.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in Virginia