There are schools offering accounting degrees in Washington DC!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Washington DC
George Washington University, which is located in Washington, is the top-ranked school in Washington DC that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 17th in the country in 2010. In 2010, George Washington University graduated 132 students from its accounting program. Students at George Washington University paid $42,905 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Washington DC that has a accounting program is American University. American University, which was ranked 23rd in the country in 2010, is located in Washington. In 2010, American University graduated 24 students from its accounting program. American University charged in-state students $36,697 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington DC that has a accounting program is Howard University. Howard University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Washington. In 2010, Howard University graduated 43 students from its accounting programs. Students at Howard University paid $18,120 per year in tuition fees.
Accounting schools in Washington DC, charge students an average tuition of $22,473 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $42,905 per year, or as little as $7,000 per year. In 2010, the following Washington DC accounting schools had the highest tuition rates:
- George Washington University - located in Washington, students are charged $42,905 per year
- Georgetown University - located in Washington, students are charged $40,203 per year
- American University - located in Washington, students are charged $36,697 per year
The following Washington DC accounting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of the District of Columbia - located in Washington, students are charged $7,000 per year
- Potomac College - located in Washington, students are charged $10,730 per year
- Gallaudet University - located in Washington, students are charged $11,226 per year
An accounting degree from a Washington DC school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in Washington DC pursue careers as an accountant. If you decide to work as an accountant in Washington DC, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 9,910 Washington DC accountants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Washington DC accountants:
- County - 28,920 accountants
On average, accountants earn $84,390 per year. However, this number is only an average. accountants in Washington DC had varying salaries from $46,990 to $126,240 per year in 2010. The counties in Washington DC with the highest average salary for an accountant are:
- County - $82,360 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington DC statistics regarding a career in accounting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Washington DC
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Washington DC
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Washington DC
- Doctoral Degree in Accounting in Washington DC
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington DC
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||9,910||$84,390||-8.1%|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||4,410||$48,470||-21.8%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||1,610||$47,110||28.8%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||680||$52,550||-29.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Washington DC