There are schools offering business degrees in Washington DC!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Washington DC
George Washington University, which was ranked 17th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Washington DC that has a business program. It is located in Washington. In 2010, George Washington University graduated 1,314 students from its business program. Tuition at George Washington University was $42,905 per year.
The second-ranked school in Washington DC that has a business program is American University. American University, which was ranked 23rd in the country in 2010, is located in Washington. 380 students graduated with degree in business from American University in 2010. Students at American University paid $36,697 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Washington DC that has a business program is Howard University. Howard University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Washington. In 2010, Howard University graduated 278 students from its business programs. Howard University charged in-state students $18,120 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Washington DC business school, average tuition will be $22,473 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $7,000 per year to $42,905 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington DC business schools were charged at the following schools:
- George Washington University - located in Washington, students are charged $42,905 per year
- Georgetown University - located in Washington, students are charged $40,203 per year
- American University - located in Washington, students are charged $36,697 per year
The business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington DC were:
- University of the District of Columbia - located in Washington, students are charged $7,000 per year
- Potomac College - located in Washington, students are charged $10,730 per year
- Gallaudet University - located in Washington, students are charged $11,226 per year
A business degree from a Washington DC school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of business graduates in Washington DC. 77,430 business professionals were working in Washington DC in 2010. Of these, 15,760 were business analysts. In addition, 6,300 were chief executive officers, and 26,910 were operations managers. The Washington DC counties with the largest populations of business professional are:
- County - 194,570 business professionals
On average, business professionals earn a salary of $98,570 per year in Washington DC state. However, Washington DC business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $30,420 per year to more than $145,870 per year in 2010. Business professionals in the following Washington DC counties make the highest salaries on average:
- County - $97,618 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in Washington DC were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $185,650 per year
- Human Resources Manager - $128,670 per year
- Financial Examiner - $128,110 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in Washington DC were:
- Insurance Underwriter - $67,180 per year
- Credit Counselor - $45,360 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington DC statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Washington DC
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Washington DC
- Master's Degree in Business in Washington DC
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Washington DC
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington DC
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||26,910||$124,690||112.7%|
|Accountants and Auditors||9,910||$84,390||-8.1%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,330||$81,400||-53.4%|
|Human Resources Managers||1,170||$128,670|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||980||$85,770||-21.6%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||420||$96,310||-43.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Washington DC