There are schools offering chemistry courses in Washington DC!
Schools Offering Chemistry Programs in Washington DC
The top-ranked school in Washington DC with a chemistry program is George Washington University, which is located in Washington. In 2010, it was ranked 17th nationwide. In 2010, 26 students graduated from George Washington University's chemistry program. Students at George Washington University paid $42,905 per year in tuition fees.
American University, which is located in Washington, is the second-ranked school in Washington DC that has a chemistry program. It received a ranking of 23rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 4 students graduated from American University chemistry program. American University charged in-state students $36,697 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington DC with a chemistry program is Howard University, which is located in Washington. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. 19 students graduated with degree in chemistry from Howard University in 2010. Howard University charged in-state students $18,120 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington DC's chemistry schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $26,313 per year, though tuition can range from $42,905 per year to $7,000 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington DC chemistry schools were charged at the following schools:
- George Washington University - located in Washington, students are charged $42,905 per year
- Georgetown University - located in Washington, students are charged $40,203 per year
- American University - located in Washington, students are charged $36,697 per year
The chemistry schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington DC were:
- University of the District of Columbia - located in Washington, students are charged $7,000 per year
- Gallaudet University - located in Washington, students are charged $11,226 per year
- Howard University - located in Washington, students are charged $18,120 per year
A chemistry degree from a Washington DC school... what next?
A large number of Washington DC chemistry graduates become chemists. If you decide to work as a chemist in Washington DC, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 340 Washington DC chemists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Washington DC chemists:
- County - 1,230 chemists
On average, chemists earn $112,000 per year. In 2010, however, some Washington DC chemists earned as little as less than $68,970 per year or as much as more than $152,650 per year. A chemist in the following Washington DC counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- County - $108,900 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington DC statistics regarding a career in chemistry. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physics or chemistry.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry in Washington DC
- Master's Degree in Chemistry in Washington DC
- Doctoral Degree in Chemistry in Washington DC
Curious what studying Chemistry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington DC
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are chemistry related jobs in Washington DC