There are schools offering education degrees in Washington DC!
Schools Offering Education Programs in Washington DC
The top-ranked school in Washington DC with a education program is George Washington University, which is located in Washington. In 2010, it was ranked 17th nationwide. 274 students graduated with a degree in education from George Washington University in 2010. Students at George Washington University paid $42,905 per year in tuition fees.
American University, which was ranked 23rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington DC that has a education program. It is located in Washington. 147 students graduated with degree in education from American University in 2010. Tuition at American University was $36,697 per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington DC that has a education program is Howard University. Howard University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Washington. In 2010, Howard University graduated 11 students from its education programs. The tuition rate at Howard University was $18,120 per year.
Tuition at Washington DC's education schools ranges from $42,905 per year to $7,000 per year. But, the average tuition is $24,935 per year. In 2010, the education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington DC were:
- George Washington University - located in Washington, students are charged $42,905 per year
- American University - located in Washington, students are charged $36,697 per year
- Catholic University of America - located in Washington, students are charged $33,780 per year
The education schools in Washington DC that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- University of the District of Columbia - located in Washington, students are charged $7,000 per year
- Gallaudet University - located in Washington, students are charged $11,226 per year
- Howard University - located in Washington, students are charged $18,120 per year
An education degree from a Washington DC school... what next?
Many Washington DC education graduates become a postsecondary vocational teacher, postsecondary teacher, elementary school teacher, business teacher, and computer science teacher. Washington DC had 8,400 education professionals in 2010. 1,640 of these education professionals were instructional coordinators, 200 were postsecondary vocational teachers, and 250 were postsecondary teachers. The Washington DC counties with the largest populations of education professional are:
- County - 44,890 education professionals
On average, education professionals earn a salary of $69,492 per year in Washington DC state. In 2010, however, some Washington DC education professional earned as little as less than $26,730 per year or as much as more than $152,630 per year. The counties in Washington DC with the highest average salary for education professionals are:
- County - $69,818 per year
On average, the highest paid education professionals in Washington DC were:
- Education Administrator - $109,020 per year
- Business Teacher - $85,770 per year
- Computer Science Teacher - $80,090 per year
The education professionals with lowest average salaries in Washington DC were:
- Kindergarten Teacher - $42,420 per year
- Literacy Teacher - $36,300 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington DC statistics regarding a career in education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as teaching or elementary education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Education in Washington DC
- Bachelor's Degree in Education in Washington DC
- Master's Degree in Education in Washington DC
- Doctoral Degree in Education in Washington DC
Curious what studying Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington DC
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||2,410||$63,370||-46.7%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||980||$85,770||-21.6%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||660||$109,020||37.5%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||630||$67,490||-25.9%|
|Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education||630||$56,850||-63.8%|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||330||$73,490||3.1%|
|Postsecondary Teachers, All Other||250||$79,410||525.0%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||250||$42,420||-67.9%|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||240||$80,090||-11.1%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||200||$60,390|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||180||$36,300|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are education related jobs in Washington DC