There are schools offering finance degrees in Washington DC!
Schools Offering Finance Programs in Washington DC
Each year, approximately 1.8% of Washington DC graduates receive degrees in finance. In other words, every year an estimated 594 finance professionals graduate from Washington DC's 10 finance schools.
George Washington University, which is located in Washington, is the top-ranked school in Washington DC that has a finance program. It received a ranking of 17th in the country in 2010. 204 students graduated with a degree in finance from George Washington University in 2010. Tuition at George Washington University was $42,905 per year.
American University, which was ranked 23rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington DC that has a finance program. It is located in Washington. 53 students graduated with degree in finance from American University in 2010. Tuition at American University was $36,697 per year.
Howard University, which is located in Washington, is the third-ranked school in Washington DC that has a finance program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 52 students graduated from Howard University finance program. The tuition rate at Howard University was $18,120 per year.
Tuition at Washington DC's finance schools ranges from $42,905 per year to $7,000 per year. But, the average tuition is $24,955 per year. In 2010, the finance schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington DC were:
- George Washington University - located in Washington, students are charged $42,905 per year
- Georgetown University - located in Washington, students are charged $40,203 per year
- American University - located in Washington, students are charged $36,697 per year
The following Washington DC finance schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of the District of Columbia - located in Washington, students are charged $7,000 per year
- Gallaudet University - located in Washington, students are charged $11,226 per year
- Strayer University-District of Columbia - located in Washington, students are charged $14,085 per year
A finance degree from a Washington DC school... what next?
Many Washington DC finance graduates become a auditor, financial quantitative analyst, financial examiner, credit analyst, and sales agent. 27,790 finance professionals were working in Washington DC in 2010. Of these, 2,120 were budget analysts. In addition, 9,910 were auditors, and 2,730 were financial quantitative analysts. The Washington DC counties with the largest populations of finance professional are:
- County - 68,350 finance professionals
finance professionals in Washington DC make an average of $93,666 per year. But, salaries for finance professional can vary. In 2010, finance professional made as little as less than $26,430 per year or as much as more than $160,890 per year in Washington DC. The counties in Washington DC with the highest average salary for finance professionals are:
- County - $89,589 per year
The finance professionals with highest average salaries in Washington DC were:
- Financial Examiner - $128,110 per year
- Branch Financial Manager - $126,920 per year
- Economist - $115,350 per year
The finance professionals with lowest average salaries in Washington DC were:
- Credit Analyst - $69,660 per year
- Loan Counselor - $45,360 per year
For more data regarding a career in finance in Washington DC and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or finance, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance in Washington DC
- Master's Degree in Finance in Washington DC
Curious what studying Finance gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington DC
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||9,910||$84,390||-8.1%|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||2,730||$89,540||37.9%|
|Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents||790||$111,730||-11.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are finance related jobs in Washington DC