There are schools offering international business degrees in Washington DC!
Schools Offering International Business Programs in Washington DC
Each year, approximately 0.9% of Washington DC graduates receive degrees in international business. That means an estimated 301 international business professionals graduate from Washington DC's 10 international business schools each year.
George Washington University, which is located in Washington, is the top-ranked school in Washington DC that has a international business program. It received a ranking of 17th in the country in 2010. In 2010, George Washington University graduated 150 students from its international business program. Students at George Washington University paid $42,905 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Washington DC with a international business program is American University, which is located in Washington. In 2010, it was ranked 23rd nationwide. American University charged in-state students $36,697 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington DC with a international business program is Howard University, which is located in Washington. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. In 2010, 25 students graduated from Howard University international business program. The tuition rate at Howard University was $18,120 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington DC's international business schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $25,369 per year, though tuition can range from $42,905 per year to $10,730 per year. The Washington DC international business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- George Washington University - located in Washington, students are charged $42,905 per year
- Georgetown University - located in Washington, students are charged $40,203 per year
- American University - located in Washington, students are charged $36,697 per year
The international business schools in Washington DC that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Potomac College - located in Washington, students are charged $10,730 per year
- Gallaudet University - located in Washington, students are charged $11,226 per year
- Strayer University-District of Columbia - located in Washington, students are charged $14,085 per year
An international business degree from a Washington DC school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs international business graduates in Washington DC pursue include chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, wholesale buyer, and purchasing agent. 52,550 international business professionals were working in Washington DC in 2010. Of these, 15,760 were business analysts. In addition, 6,300 were chief executive officers, and 26,910 were operations managers. The following counties have the largest number of Washington DC international business professionals:
- County - 128,710 international business professionals
On average, international business professionals earn $102,137 per year. However, this number is only an average. International business professional in Washington DC had varying salaries from $29,840 to $145,870 per year in 2010. International business professionals in the following Washington DC counties make the highest salaries on average:
- County - $106,027 per year
On average, the highest paid international business professionals in Washington DC were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $185,650 per year
- Operations Manager - $124,690 per year
- Business Analyst - $89,860 per year
On average, the lowest paid international business professionals in Washington DC were:
- Purchasing Agent - $83,380 per year
- Wholesale Buyer - $43,470 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington DC statistics regarding a career in international business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or supply chain management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in International Business in Washington DC
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business in Washington DC
- Master's Degree in International Business in Washington DC
Curious what studying International Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington DC
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||26,910||$124,690||112.7%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||2,510||$83,380||-9.7%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||980||$85,770||-21.6%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||90||$43,470||-18.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are international business related jobs in Washington DC