There are schools offering accounting degrees in Washington State!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Washington State
Around 1.4% of Washington State's graduates graduate from accounting degree programs every year. That means an estimated 2,333 accountants graduate from Washington State's 51 accounting schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State that has a accounting program is University of Washington-Seattle Campus. University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which was ranked 13th in the country in 2010, is located in Seattle. 269 students graduated with a degree in accounting from University of Washington-Seattle Campus in 2010. Tuition at University of Washington-Seattle Campus was $8,701 per year.
The second-ranked school in Washington State with a accounting program is Washington State University, which is located in Pullman. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, Washington State University graduated 186 students from its accounting program. Washington State University charged in-state students $9,489 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a accounting program is Western Washington University, which is located in Bellingham. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, Western Washington University graduated 101 students from its accounting programs. Tuition at Western Washington University was $6,858 per year.
Tuition at Washington State's accounting schools ranges from $30,925 per year to $2,610 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,486 per year. The Washington State accounting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Gonzaga University - located in Spokane, students are charged $30,925 per year
- Seattle University - located in Seattle, students are charged $30,825 per year
- Whitworth University - located in Spokane, students are charged $30,204 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
- Olympic College - located in Bremerton, students are charged $3,006 per year
An accounting degree from a Washington State school... what next?
A large number of Washington State accounting graduates become accountants. In 2010, there were 20,420 accountants working in Washington State. The largest populations of Washington State accountants are working in the following counties:
- King County - 12,160 accountants
- Spokane County - 1,530 accountants
- Thurston County - 1,370 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 14% by 2018. There are projected to be 30,040 accountants working in the Washington State then.
An accountant in Washington State earns $65,230 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Washington State accountants earned as little as less than $33,200 per year or as much as more than $106,360 per year. The counties in Washington State with the highest average salary for an accountant are:
- King County - $68,110 per year
- Benton County - $66,350 per year
- Kitsap County - $65,200 per year
The following counties in Washington State have the lowest average salaries for accountants:
- Cowlitz County - $52,300 per year
- Thurston County - $55,550 per year
- Clallam County - $58,200 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in Washington State and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Washington State
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Washington State
- Certificate in Accounting in Washington State
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||40,490||$37,560||-1.7%|
|Accountants and Auditors||20,420||$65,230||-10.8%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||11,150||$35,300||-5.3%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||3,480||$40,420||-14.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Washington State