There are schools offering acting classes in Washington State!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Washington State
University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which is located in Seattle, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a acting program. It received a ranking of 13th in the country in 2010. 75 students graduated with a degree in acting from University of Washington-Seattle Campus in 2010. Tuition at University of Washington-Seattle Campus was $8,701 per year.
The second-ranked school in Washington State with a acting program is Whitman College, which is located in Walla Walla. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Whitman College acting program. The tuition rate at Whitman College was $38,770 per year.
Washington State University, which is located in Pullman, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a acting program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Washington State University graduated 15 students from its acting programs. Washington State University charged in-state students $9,489 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Washington State's acting schools ranges from $38,770 per year to $6,622 per year. But, the average tuition is $22,915 per year. In 2010, the acting schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Whitman College - located in Walla Walla, students are charged $38,770 per year
- University of Puget Sound - located in Tacoma, students are charged $37,225 per year
- Gonzaga University - located in Spokane, students are charged $30,925 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State acting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Eastern Washington University - located in Cheney, students are charged $6,622 per year
- Western Washington University - located in Bellingham, students are charged $6,858 per year
- Central Washington University - located in Ellensburg, students are charged $7,110 per year
An acting degree from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from acting school in Washington State go on to work as an actor. 480 actors were working in Washington State in 2010. In Washington State, the largest numbers of actors work in the following counties:
- King County - 450 actors
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of actors is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 930 actors working in the Washington State then.
An actor in Washington State earns $0 per year on average.
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in acting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as art or acting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Washington State
- Master's Degree in Acting in Washington State
- Doctoral Degree in Acting in Washington State
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||1,260||$65,110||32.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Washington State