There are schools offering automotive training in Washington State!
Schools Offering Automotive Repair Programs in Washington State
Each year, roughly 0.6% of Washington State students graduate with certificates in automotive repair. That means an estimated 1,032 automotive mechanics graduate from Washington State's 26 automotive schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State that has a automotive program is Western Washington University. Western Washington University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Bellingham. 11 students graduated with a certificate in automotive from Western Washington University in 2010. Students at Western Washington University paid $6,858 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Washington State with a automotive program is Perry Technical Institute, which is located in Yakima. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. 18 students graduated with certificate in automotive from Perry Technical Institute in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a automotive program is Walla Walla University, which is located in College Place. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. 4 students graduated with certificate in automotive from Walla Walla University in 2010. The tuition rate at Walla Walla University was $23,454 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington State's automotive schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,125 per year, though tuition can range from $23,454 per year to $2,610 per year. In 2010, the following Washington State automotive schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Walla Walla University - located in College Place, students are charged $23,454 per year
- Western Washington University - located in Bellingham, students are charged $6,858 per year
- Bates Technical College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $5,111 per year
The automotive schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
- Olympic College - located in Bremerton, students are charged $3,006 per year
An automotive certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
The highest percentage of automotive graduates in Washington State pursue careers as an automotive mechanic. In 2010, there were 10,610 automotive mechanics working in Washington State. In Washington State, the largest numbers of automotive mechanics work in the following counties:
- King County - 4,450 automotive mechanics
- Pierce County - 1,180 automotive mechanics
- Spokane County - 950 automotive mechanics
The government projects that by 2018, the number of automotive mechanics in the state of Washington State will grow to 15,540. This would require a 1% growth in the profession.
On average, automotive mechanics earn $39,640 per year. However, Washington State automotive mechanics earned anywhere in the range from as less than $19,070 per year to more than $64,410 per year in 2010. The following counties in Washington State have the highest average salaries for automotive mechanics:
- Thurston County - $45,600 per year
- Whatcom County - $44,290 per year
- Chelan County - $42,760 per year
On average, automotive mechanics earns the least in the following Washington State counties:
- Yakima County - $33,380 per year
- Adams County - $34,140 per year
- Spokane County - $38,130 per year
For more data regarding a career in automotive repair in Washington State and to compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or plumbing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Repair in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Automotive Repair in Washington State
- Certificate in Automotive Repair in Washington State
Curious what studying Automotive gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||10,610||$39,640||-7.8%|
|Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists||6,380||$48,990||9.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are automotive related jobs in Washington State