There are schools offering beauty programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Washington State
Around 1.1% of Washington State's graduates graduate from beauty certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,793 beauty professionals graduate from Washington State's 33 beauty schools.
Yakima Beauty School Beautyworks, which is located in Yakima, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 58th in the country in 2010. 48 students graduated with a certificate in beauty from Yakima Beauty School Beautyworks in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Washington State with a beauty program is Evergreen Beauty and Barber College, which is located in Everett. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. In 2010, 102 students graduated from Evergreen Beauty and Barber College beauty program.
Paroba College of Cosmetology, which is located in Everett, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. 62 students graduated with certificate in beauty from Paroba College of Cosmetology in 2010. Tuition at Paroba College of Cosmetology was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington State's beauty schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,203 per year, though tuition can range from $5,111 per year to $2,610 per year. In 2010, the beauty schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Bates Technical College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $5,111 per year
- Clover Park Technical College - located in Lakewood, students are charged $4,419 per year
- Seattle Vocational Institute - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,633 per year
The following Washington State beauty schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Olympic College - located in Bremerton, students are charged $3,006 per year
- Shoreline Community College - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,098 per year
A beauty certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
Barber, esthetician, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager are the professions of choice for a majority of beauty graduates in Washington State. 19,180 beauty professionals were working in Washington State in 2010. Of these, 8,840 were hairdressers. In addition, 280 were barbers, and 530 were estheticians. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State beauty professionals:
- King County - 10,250 beauty professionals
- Pierce County - 2,090 beauty professionals
- Spokane County - 1,150 beauty professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 26,940 beauty professionals will be working in Washington State. This would require the number of beauty professional to grow by 5%.
On average, beauty professionals earn $39,920 per year. In 2010, however, some Washington State beauty professional earned as little as less than $18,050 per year or as much as more than $103,240 per year. Beauty professionals in the following Washington State counties make the highest salaries on average:
- King County - $46,958 per year
- Adams County - $43,813 per year
- Kitsap County - $42,650 per year
The Washington State counties with the lowest average salary for beauty professionals are:
- Benton County - $35,763 per year
- Thurston County - $35,947 per year
- Chelan County - $36,293 per year
On average, the highest paid beauty professionals in Washington State were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $56,680 per year
- Salon Manager - $41,810 per year
- Esthetician - $40,370 per year
The beauty professionals with lowest average salaries in Washington State were:
- Hairdresser - $33,680 per year
- Barber - $27,060 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in beauty. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in Washington State
- Certificate in Beauty in Washington State
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||8,840||$33,680||13.6%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||5,780||$56,680||0.0%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||3,750||$41,810||35.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Washington State