There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Washington State!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Washington State
Around 0.6% of Washington State's graduates graduate from bookkeeping certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 993 bookkeeping clerks graduate from Washington State's 34 bookkeeping schools.
The top-ranked school in Washington State that has a bookkeeping program is Seattle Vocational Institute. Seattle Vocational Institute, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Seattle. In 2010, Seattle Vocational Institute graduated 17 students from its bookkeeping program. Tuition at Seattle Vocational Institute was $3,633 per year.
Bellingham Technical College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Bellingham. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Bellingham Technical College bookkeeping program. Students at Bellingham Technical College paid $3,745 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a bookkeeping program is Renton Technical College, which is located in Renton. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. In 2010, Renton Technical College graduated 25 students from its bookkeeping programs. Tuition at Renton Technical College was $2,785 per year.
Bookkeeping schools in Washington State, charge students an average tuition of $3,993 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $14,826 per year, or as little as $2,610 per year. In 2010, the following Washington State bookkeeping schools had the highest tuition rates:
- City University of Seattle - located in Bellevue, students are charged $14,574 per year
- Bates Technical College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $5,111 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
- Olympic College - located in Bremerton, students are charged $3,006 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in Washington State pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. Washington State had 40,490 bookkeeping clerks in 2010. In Washington State, the largest numbers of bookkeeping clerks work in the following counties:
- King County - 18,590 bookkeeping clerks
- Pierce County - 3,990 bookkeeping clerks
- Spokane County - 3,340 bookkeeping clerks
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 55,780 bookkeeping clerks will be working in Washington State state. This would require the number of bookkeeping clerks to grow by 5%.
On average, bookkeeping clerks earn $37,560 per year. However, Washington State bookkeeping clerks earned anywhere in the range from as less than $19,460 per year to more than $55,240 per year in 2010. A bookkeeping clerk in the following Washington State counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- King County - $39,890 per year
- Kitsap County - $38,530 per year
- Pierce County - $37,320 per year
A bookkeeping clerk in the following counties in Washington State make the lowest salaries on average:
- Grays Harbor County - $32,560 per year
- Adams County - $32,910 per year
- Cowlitz County - $33,500 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Washington State
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Washington State
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||40,490||$37,560||-1.7%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||11,150||$35,300||-5.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Washington State