There are schools offering business degrees in Washington State!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Washington State
University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which was ranked 13th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a business program. It is located in Seattle. In 2010, University of Washington-Seattle Campus graduated 1,247 students from its business program. The tuition rate at University of Washington-Seattle Campus was $8,701 per year.
Washington State University, which is located in Pullman, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a business program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. 856 students graduated with degree in business from Washington State University in 2010. Washington State University charged in-state students $9,489 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a business program is Western Washington University, which is located in Bellingham. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 508 students graduated with degree in business from Western Washington University in 2010. The tuition rate at Western Washington University was $6,858 per year.
Business schools in Washington State, charge students an average tuition of $9,795 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $37,225 per year, or as little as $2,610 per year. The Washington State business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Puget Sound - located in Tacoma, students are charged $37,225 per year
- Gonzaga University - located in Spokane, students are charged $30,925 per year
- Seattle University - located in Seattle, students are charged $30,825 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spokane Falls Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
A business degree from a Washington State school... what next?
Many Washington State business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. If you decide to work as a business professional in Washington State, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 99,010 Washington State business professional as of 2010. This number includes 11,990 business analysts, 2,950 chief executive officers, and 22,150 operations managers. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State business professionals:
- King County - 60,740 business professionals
- Pierce County - 7,090 business professionals
- Spokane County - 6,360 business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 121,690 business professionals will be working in Washington State. This would require the number of business professional to grow by 5%.
business professionals in Washington State earn $87,899 per year on average. However, Washington State business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $25,090 per year to more than $166,250 per year in 2010. The following counties in Washington State have the highest average salaries for business professionals:
- Benton County - $98,038 per year
- King County - $93,150 per year
- Skagit County - $92,730 per year
The following counties in Washington State have the lowest average salaries for business professional:
- Cowlitz County - $73,364 per year
- Columbia County - $79,461 per year
- Spokane County - $79,503 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in Washington State were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $192,460 per year
- Operations Manager - $131,480 per year
- Financial Manager - $111,070 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in Washington State were:
- Cost Estimator - $64,120 per year
- Credit Counselor - $37,420 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Washington State
- Master's Degree in Business in Washington State
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Washington State
- Certificate in Business in Washington State
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||22,150||$131,480||31.4%|
|Accountants and Auditors||20,420||$65,230||-10.8%|
|Administrative Services Managers||4,630||$96,810||47.0%|
|Human Resources Managers||2,330||$108,380|
|Personal Financial Advisors||2,180||$68,790||-10.7%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,280||$75,570||9.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Washington State