There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Washington State
Each year, roughly 0.5% of Washington State students graduate with certificates in dental assisting. Thus, Washington State's 16 dental assistant schools put out approximately 760 dental assistants each year.
Everest College-Everett, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Everett. 91 students graduated with a certificate in dental assistant from Everest College-Everett in 2010. Everest College-Everett charged in-state students $12,893 in tuition fees per year.
Everest College-Renton, which is located in Renton, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 59 students graduated from Everest College-Renton dental assistant program.
Everest College-Tacoma, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Tacoma. In 2010, Everest College-Tacoma graduated 61 students from its dental assistant programs. Tuition at Everest College-Tacoma was $15,661 per year.
If you choose to attend a Washington State dental assistant school, average tuition will be $5,050 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,610 per year to $15,661 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington State dental assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Everest College-Tacoma - located in Tacoma, students are charged $15,661 per year
- Everest College-Bremerton - located in Bremerton, students are charged $15,135 per year
- Everest College-Everett - located in Everett, students are charged $12,893 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State dental assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
- Lake Washington Technical College - located in Kirkland, students are charged $3,108 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in Washington State go on to work as a dental assistant. If you decide to work as a dental assistant in Washington State, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 9,690 Washington State dental assistants as of 2010. In Washington State, the largest numbers of dental assistants work in the following counties:
- King County - 4,270 dental assistants
- Pierce County - 1,230 dental assistants
- Spokane County - 780 dental assistants
The government projects that the number of dental assistants in Washington State will grow by 24%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 12,530 dental assistants working in Washington State.
A dental assistant in Washington State earns $38,220 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. dental assistants in Washington State had varying salaries from $22,040 to $54,850 per year in 2010. The counties in Washington State with the highest average salary for a dental assistant are:
- Benton County - $41,000 per year
- Grays Harbor County - $40,070 per year
- Pierce County - $39,680 per year
The Washington State counties with the lowest average salary for dental assistants are:
- Yakima County - $32,160 per year
- Cowlitz County - $33,040 per year
- Columbia County - $33,300 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in dental assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Washington State
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Washington State
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||990||$43,040||-33.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Washington State