There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Washington State
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Washington State receive dental hygiene degrees every year. Thus, Washington State's 8 dental hygienist schools put out approximately 200 dental hygienists each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a dental hygienist program is Eastern Washington University, which is located in Cheney. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. 52 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from Eastern Washington University in 2010. Students at Eastern Washington University paid $6,622 per year in tuition fees.
Yakima Valley Community College, which is located in Yakima, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 19 students graduated from Yakima Valley Community College dental hygienist program. Tuition at Yakima Valley Community College was $3,442 per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a dental hygienist program is Seattle Community College-Central Campus, which is located in Seattle. In 2010, it was ranked 86th nationwide. In 2010, Seattle Community College-Central Campus graduated 17 students from its dental hygienist programs. The tuition rate at Seattle Community College-Central Campus was $3,282 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington State's dental hygienist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,652 per year, though tuition can range from $6,622 per year to $3,008 per year. In 2010, the following Washington State dental hygienist schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Eastern Washington University - located in Cheney, students are charged $6,622 per year
- Yakima Valley Community College - located in Yakima, students are charged $3,442 per year
- Columbia Basin College - located in Pasco, students are charged $3,379 per year
The dental hygienist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Clark College - located in Vancouver, students are charged $3,008 per year
- Shoreline Community College - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,098 per year
- Lake Washington Technical College - located in Kirkland, students are charged $3,108 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental hygienist school in Washington State go on to work as a dental hygienist. 5,170 dental hygienists were working in Washington State in 2010. The largest populations of Washington State dental hygienists are working in the following counties:
- King County - 2,400 dental hygienists
- Pierce County - 480 dental hygienists
- Spokane County - 320 dental hygienists
The government projects that the number of dental hygienists in Washington State will grow by 30%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,300 dental hygienists working in Washington State.
On average, a dental hygienist earns a salary of $87,810 per year in Washington State state. However, Washington State dental hygienists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $47,280 per year to more than $120,170 per year in 2010. On average a dental hygienist earns the most in the following Washington State counties:
- Kitsap County - $96,320 per year
- Adams County - $96,180 per year
- Benton County - $93,620 per year
A dental hygienist in the following counties in Washington State make the lowest salaries on average:
- Columbia County - $71,010 per year
- Spokane County - $78,510 per year
- Yakima County - $78,630 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Washington State
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Washington State