There are schools offering EMT training in Washington State!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Washington State
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Washington State graduates receive certificates in emergency medical training. That means an estimated 334 emergency medical technicians graduate from Washington State's 10 EMT schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a EMT program is Central Washington University, which is located in Ellensburg. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, Central Washington University graduated 10 students from its EMT program. The tuition rate at Central Washington University was $7,110 per year.
The second-ranked school in Washington State that has a EMT program is Bellingham Technical College. Bellingham Technical College, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Bellingham. In 2010, Bellingham Technical College graduated 1 students from its EMT program. Tuition at Bellingham Technical College was $3,745 per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State that has a EMT program is Walla Walla Community College. Walla Walla Community College, which was ranked 83rd in the country in 2010, is located in Walla Walla. In 2010, Walla Walla Community College graduated 44 students from its EMT programs. Walla Walla Community College charged in-state students $3,390 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Washington State's EMT schools ranges from $7,110 per year to $2,610 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,773 per year. In 2010, the EMT schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Central Washington University - located in Ellensburg, students are charged $7,110 per year
- Bates Technical College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $5,111 per year
- Bellingham Technical College - located in Bellingham, students are charged $3,745 per year
The EMT schools in Washington State that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Clark College - located in Vancouver, students are charged $3,008 per year
- Tacoma Community College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $3,019 per year
An EMT certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Washington State go on to work as an emergency medical technician. In 2010, there were 2,850 emergency medical technicians working in Washington State. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State emergency medical technicians:
- King County - 1,480 emergency medical technicians
- Adams County - 310 emergency medical technicians
- Grays Harbor County - 200 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of emergency medical technicians in the state of Washington State will grow to 3,610. This would require a 22% growth in the profession.
On average, an emergency medical technician earns a salary of $43,530 per year in Washington State state. However, this number is only an average. emergency medical technicians in Washington State had varying salaries from $19,000 to $96,670 per year in 2010. An emergency medical technician in the following Washington State counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Pierce County - $65,880 per year
- Clallam County - $50,760 per year
- Thurston County - $49,840 per year
The following counties in Washington State have the lowest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- Chelan County - $27,250 per year
- Adams County - $33,020 per year
- Spokane County - $33,310 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Washington State
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Washington State
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||2,850||$43,530||4.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Washington State