There are schools offering ESL classes in Washington State!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in Washington State
University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which is located in Seattle, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 13th in the country in 2010. 17 students graduated with a degree in ESL from University of Washington-Seattle Campus in 2010. Students at University of Washington-Seattle Campus paid $8,701 per year in tuition fees.
Washington State University, which is located in Pullman, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. Students at Washington State University paid $9,489 per year in tuition fees.
Seattle University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a ESL program. It is located in Seattle. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Seattle University ESL program. Tuition at Seattle University was $30,825 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington State's ESL schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $16,400 per year, though tuition can range from $30,925 per year to $6,622 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington State ESL schools were charged at the following schools:
- Gonzaga University - located in Spokane, students are charged $30,925 per year
- Seattle University - located in Seattle, students are charged $30,825 per year
- Seattle Pacific University - located in Seattle, students are charged $28,965 per year
The ESL schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Eastern Washington University - located in Cheney, students are charged $6,622 per year
- The Evergreen State College - located in Olympia, students are charged $6,679 per year
- Central Washington University - located in Ellensburg, students are charged $7,110 per year
An ESL degree from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from ESL school in Washington State go on to work as an english language teacher. 1,390 english language teachers were working in Washington State in 2010. The Washington State counties with the largest populations of english language teachers are:
- King County - 590 english language teachers
- Spokane County - 190 english language teachers
- Pierce County - 140 english language teachers
An english language teacher in Washington State earns $54,920 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Washington State english language teachers earned as little as less than $28,250 per year or as much as more than $103,100 per year. An english language teacher in the following Washington State counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Whatcom County - $62,970 per year
- King County - $58,280 per year
- Spokane County - $50,500 per year
An english language teacher in the following counties in Washington State make the lowest salaries on average:
- Kitsap County - $39,960 per year
- Pierce County - $49,180 per year
- Columbia County - $50,000 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in ESL. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as English or education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Esl in Washington State
- Master's Degree in Esl in Washington State
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||3,350||$44,160||8.4%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||2,350||$49,370||-15.8%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||1,390||$54,920||3.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in Washington State