There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Washington State!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Washington State
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Washington State students graduate with degrees in graphic design. That means an estimated 279 graphic designers graduate from Washington State's 14 graphic design schools each year.
University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which was ranked 13th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a graphic design program. It is located in Seattle. 24 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from University of Washington-Seattle Campus in 2010. Students at University of Washington-Seattle Campus paid $8,701 per year in tuition fees.
Eastern Washington University, which is located in Cheney, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 41st in the country in 2010. Eastern Washington University charged in-state students $6,622 in tuition fees per year.
Central Washington University, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a graphic design program. It is located in Ellensburg. 22 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Central Washington University in 2010. Students at Central Washington University paid $7,110 per year in tuition fees.
Graphic design schools in Washington State, charge students an average tuition of $6,618 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $23,454 per year, or as little as $3,060 per year. In 2010, the graphic design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Walla Walla University - located in College Place, students are charged $23,454 per year
- The Art Institute of Seattle - located in Seattle, students are charged $17,560 per year
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus - located in Seattle, students are charged $8,701 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bellevue College - located in Bellevue, students are charged $3,060 per year
- Shoreline Community College - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,098 per year
- Lake Washington Technical College - located in Kirkland, students are charged $3,108 per year
A graphic design degree from a Washington State school... what next?
A large number of Washington State graphic design graduates become graphic designers. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in Washington State, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,760 Washington State graphic designers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State graphic designers:
- King County - 2,440 graphic designers
- Spokane County - 270 graphic designers
- Pierce County - 190 graphic designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of graphic designers is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,220 graphic designers working in the Washington State then.
A graphic designer in Washington State makes an average of $50,080 per year. In 2010, however, some Washington State graphic designers earned as little as less than $21,540 per year or as much as more than $81,110 per year. On average a graphic designer earns the most in the following Washington State counties:
- King County - $54,840 per year
- Pierce County - $49,620 per year
- Kitsap County - $44,900 per year
The following counties in Washington State have the lowest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Adams County - $33,930 per year
- Chelan County - $35,530 per year
- Grays Harbor County - $35,690 per year
For more data regarding a career in graphic design in Washington State and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Washington State
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Washington State
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Washington State