There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Washington State
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Washington State students graduate with degrees in healthcare administration. Thus, Washington State's 18 healthcare administration schools put out approximately 323 healthcare administrators each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State that has a healthcare administration program is University of Washington-Seattle Campus. University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which was ranked 13th in the country in 2010, is located in Seattle. In 2010, 50 students graduated from University of Washington-Seattle Campus' healthcare administration program. Tuition at University of Washington-Seattle Campus was $8,701 per year.
The second-ranked school in Washington State with a healthcare administration program is Washington State University, which is located in Pullman. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, Washington State University graduated 6 students from its healthcare administration program. The tuition rate at Washington State University was $9,489 per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a healthcare administration program is Eastern Washington University, which is located in Cheney. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Eastern Washington University healthcare administration program. Eastern Washington University charged in-state students $6,622 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Washington State healthcare administration school, average tuition will be $5,130 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,610 per year to $14,574 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington State healthcare administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- City University of Seattle - located in Bellevue, students are charged $14,574 per year
- University of Phoenix-Western Washington Campus - located in Seattle, students are charged $11,880 per year
- Washington State University - located in Pullman, students are charged $9,489 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State healthcare administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
- Bellevue College - located in Bellevue, students are charged $3,060 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare administration school in Washington State go on to work as a healthcare administrator. Washington State had 5,770 healthcare administrators in 2010. The largest populations of Washington State healthcare administrators are working in the following counties:
- Pierce County - 520 healthcare administrators
- Spokane County - 420 healthcare administrators
- Thurston County - 130 healthcare administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,210 healthcare administrators will be working in Washington State state. This would require the number of healthcare administrators to grow by 21%.
A healthcare administrator in Washington State earns $109,670 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. healthcare administrators in Washington State had varying salaries from $45,880 to $158,550 per year in 2010. On average a healthcare administrator earns the most in the following Washington State counties:
- Pierce County - $117,080 per year
- King County - $115,250 per year
- Chelan County - $110,690 per year
A healthcare administrator in the following counties in Washington State make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $84,350 per year
- Clallam County - $84,520 per year
- Whatcom County - $84,950 per year
For more data regarding a career in healthcare administration in Washington State and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Washington State
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Washington State
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Washington State
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||5,770||$109,670||118.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Washington State