There are schools offering history degrees in Washington State!
Schools Offering History Programs in Washington State
The top-ranked school in Washington State that has a history program is University of Washington-Seattle Campus. University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which was ranked 13th in the country in 2010, is located in Seattle. 258 students graduated with a degree in history from University of Washington-Seattle Campus in 2010. University of Washington-Seattle Campus charged in-state students $8,701 in tuition fees per year.
Whitman College, which is located in Walla Walla, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a history program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Whitman College history program. The tuition rate at Whitman College was $38,770 per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a history program is Washington State University, which is located in Pullman. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. 102 students graduated with degree in history from Washington State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Washington State University was $9,489 per year.
History schools in Washington State, charge students an average tuition of $22,535 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $38,770 per year, or as little as $6,622 per year. In 2010, the following Washington State history schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Whitman College - located in Walla Walla, students are charged $38,770 per year
- University of Puget Sound - located in Tacoma, students are charged $37,225 per year
- Gonzaga University - located in Spokane, students are charged $30,925 per year
The following Washington State history schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Eastern Washington University - located in Cheney, students are charged $6,622 per year
- Western Washington University - located in Bellingham, students are charged $6,858 per year
- Central Washington University - located in Ellensburg, students are charged $7,110 per year
A history degree from a Washington State school... what next?
A large number of Washington State history graduates become historians. In 2010, there were 40 historians working in Washington State. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State historians:
On average, a historian earns a salary of $57,770 per year in Washington State state.
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in history. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as political science or history.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Washington State
- Master's Degree in History in Washington State
- Doctoral Degree in History in Washington State
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Washington State