There are schools offering LVN programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Washington State
Approximately 0.5% of graduates in of Washington State receive nursing certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 823 licensed vocational nurses graduate from Washington State's 20 LVN schools.
Bellingham Technical College, which is located in Bellingham, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 71 students graduated from Bellingham Technical College's LVN program. Students at Bellingham Technical College paid $3,745 per year in tuition fees.
Centralia College, which is located in Centralia, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. 19 students graduated with certificate in LVN from Centralia College in 2010. Students at Centralia College paid $3,207 per year in tuition fees.
Walla Walla Community College, which is located in Walla Walla, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 86 students graduated from Walla Walla Community College LVN program. Walla Walla Community College charged in-state students $3,390 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Washington State's LVN schools ranges from $13,510 per year to $2,610 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,820 per year. The Washington State LVN schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Heritage University - located in Toppenish, students are charged $13,510 per year
- Clover Park Technical College - located in Lakewood, students are charged $4,419 per year
- Bellingham Technical College - located in Bellingham, students are charged $3,745 per year
The LVN schools in Washington State that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Olympic College - located in Bremerton, students are charged $3,006 per year
- Wenatchee Valley College - located in Wenatchee, students are charged $3,099 per year
A LVN certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from LVN school in Washington State go on to work as a licensed vocational nurse. Washington State had 9,410 licensed vocational nurses in 2010. The Washington State counties with the largest populations of licensed vocational nurses are:
- King County - 3,060 licensed vocational nurses
- Pierce County - 1,560 licensed vocational nurses
- Spokane County - 1,340 licensed vocational nurses
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 12,210 licensed vocational nurses will be working in Washington State state. This would require the number of licensed vocational nurses to grow by 20%.
A licensed vocational nurse in Washington State earns $45,400 per year on average. However, Washington State licensed vocational nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $27,990 per year to more than $61,730 per year in 2010. A licensed vocational nurse in the following Washington State counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- King County - $47,850 per year
- Spokane County - $46,300 per year
- Pierce County - $46,030 per year
A licensed vocational nurse in the following counties in Washington State make the lowest salaries on average:
- Columbia County - $39,450 per year
- Adams County - $40,020 per year
- Benton County - $40,350 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Washington State
- Certificate in Nursing in Washington State
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||9,410||$45,400||-6.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Washington State