There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Washington State
Approximately 1.4% of graduates in of Washington State receive medical assisting certificates every year. That means an estimated 2,338 medical assistants graduate from Washington State's 34 medical assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a medical assistant program is University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which is located in Seattle. In 2010, it was ranked 13th nationwide. 69 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from University of Washington-Seattle Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Washington-Seattle Campus was $8,701 per year.
The second-ranked school in Washington State with a medical assistant program is Alpine College, which is located in Spokane. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. 21 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Alpine College in 2010.
Everest College-Everett, which is located in Everett, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 342 students graduated from Everest College-Everett medical assistant program. The tuition rate at Everest College-Everett was $12,893 per year.
If you choose to attend a Washington State medical assistant school, average tuition will be $4,351 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,610 per year to $15,771 per year. In 2010, the medical assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Everest College-Vancouver - located in Vancouver, students are charged $15,771 per year
- Everest College-Tacoma - located in Tacoma, students are charged $15,661 per year
- Everest College-Bremerton - located in Bremerton, students are charged $15,135 per year
The medical assistant schools in Washington State that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
- Olympic College - located in Bremerton, students are charged $3,006 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical assistant school in Washington State go on to work as a medical assistant. 11,140 medical assistants were working in Washington State in 2010. In Washington State, the largest numbers of medical assistants work in the following counties:
- King County - 4,970 medical assistants
- Pierce County - 1,550 medical assistants
- Spokane County - 670 medical assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical assistants is expected to grow by 26% by 2018. There are projected to be 13,550 medical assistants working in the Washington State then.
A medical assistant in Washington State makes an average of $33,550 per year. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $19,740 per year or as much as more than $46,850 per year in Washington State. A medical assistant in the following Washington State counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- King County - $35,270 per year
- Skagit County - $33,790 per year
- Thurston County - $33,600 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in Washington State make the lowest salaries on average:
- Columbia County - $28,100 per year
- Adams County - $28,630 per year
- Spokane County - $30,450 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in medical assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting in Washington State
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Washington State
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Washington State