There are schools offering medical coding classess in Washington State!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Washington State
Each year, roughly 0.3% of Washington State students graduate with certificates in medical coding. That means an estimated 444 medical coders graduate from Washington State's 21 medical coding schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a medical coding program is Everest College-Seattle, which is located in Seattle. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. In 2010, Everest College-Seattle graduated 21 students from its medical coding program.
Interface College-Spokane, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a medical coding program. It is located in Spokane. In 2010, Interface College-Spokane graduated 12 students from its medical coding program.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a medical coding program is Everest College-Renton, which is located in Renton. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 75 students graduated with certificate in medical coding from Everest College-Renton in 2010. The tuition rate at Everest College-Renton was $0 per year.
Tuition at Washington State's medical coding schools ranges from $15,771 per year to $2,610 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,393 per year. In 2010, the medical coding schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Everest College-Vancouver - located in Vancouver, students are charged $15,771 per year
- Clover Park Technical College - located in Lakewood, students are charged $4,419 per year
- Bellingham Technical College - located in Bellingham, students are charged $3,745 per year
The medical coding schools in Washington State that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
- Olympic College - located in Bremerton, students are charged $3,006 per year
A medical coding certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical coding graduates in Washington State pursue careers as a medical coder. Washington State had 4,920 medical coders in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State medical coders:
- King County - 2,220 medical coders
- Pierce County - 650 medical coders
- Spokane County - 380 medical coders
The government projects that the number of medical coders in Washington State will grow by 22%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,450 medical coders working in Washington State.
On average, a medical coder earns a salary of $37,630 per year in Washington State state. In 2010, however, some Washington State medical coders earned as little as less than $20,980 per year or as much as more than $60,840 per year. On average a medical coder earns the most in the following Washington State counties:
- King County - $41,000 per year
- Grays Harbor County - $37,590 per year
- Whatcom County - $37,530 per year
The following counties in Washington State have the lowest average salaries for medical coders:
- Spokane County - $30,030 per year
- Columbia County - $31,500 per year
- Yakima County - $32,110 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical coding in Washington State and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Coding in Washington State
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Washington State
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||4,920||$37,630||1.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Washington State