There are schools offering medical transcription training in Washington State!
Schools Offering Medical Transcription Programs in Washington State
Around 0.1% of Washington State's graduates graduate from medical transcription certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 104 medical transcriptionists graduate from Washington State's 13 medical transcription schools.
Bellingham Technical College, which is located in Bellingham, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a medical transcription program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Bellingham Technical College graduated no students from its medical transcription program. Tuition at Bellingham Technical College was $3,745 per year.
The second-ranked school in Washington State with a medical transcription program is Lower Columbia College, which is located in Longview. In 2010, it was ranked 83rd nationwide. In 2010, Lower Columbia College graduated 0 students from its medical transcription program. Lower Columbia College charged in-state students $3,405 in tuition fees per year.
Clover Park Technical College, which is located in Lakewood, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a medical transcription program. It received a ranking of 84th in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with certificate in medical transcription from Clover Park Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Clover Park Technical College was $4,419 per year.
If you choose to attend a Washington State medical transcription school, average tuition will be $3,287 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,610 per year to $4,419 per year. In 2010, the following Washington State medical transcription schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Clover Park Technical College - located in Lakewood, students are charged $4,419 per year
- Bellingham Technical College - located in Bellingham, students are charged $3,745 per year
- Lower Columbia College - located in Longview, students are charged $3,405 per year
The medical transcription schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Clark College - located in Vancouver, students are charged $3,008 per year
- Tacoma Community College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $3,019 per year
A medical transcription certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical transcription graduates in Washington State pursue careers as a medical transcriptionist. Washington State had 2,180 medical transcriptionists in 2010. The Washington State counties with the largest populations of medical transcriptionists are:
- King County - 1,020 medical transcriptionists
- Spokane County - 190 medical transcriptionists
- Thurston County - 120 medical transcriptionists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical transcriptionists is expected to grow by 24% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,910 medical transcriptionists working in the Washington State then.
On average, medical transcriptionists earn $35,860 per year. But, salaries for medical transcriptionists can vary. In 2010, medical transcriptionists made as little as less than $18,360 per year or as much as more than $63,730 per year in Washington State. The following counties in Washington State have the highest average salaries for medical transcriptionists:
- Whatcom County - $40,290 per year
- Benton County - $38,730 per year
- Pierce County - $36,730 per year
On average, medical transcriptionists earns the least in the following Washington State counties:
- Skagit County - $28,650 per year
- Adams County - $29,940 per year
- Columbia County - $31,540 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in medical transcription. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Medical Transcription in Washington State
Curious what studying Medical Transcription gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical transcription related jobs in Washington State