There are schools offering paramedic programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Washington State
Central Washington University, which is located in Ellensburg, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Central Washington University's paramedic program. Central Washington University charged in-state students $7,110 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Washington State that has a paramedic program is Bellingham Technical College. Bellingham Technical College, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Bellingham. 1 students graduated with certificate in paramedic from Bellingham Technical College in 2010. Students at Bellingham Technical College paid $3,745 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a paramedic program is Walla Walla Community College, which is located in Walla Walla. In 2010, it was ranked 83rd nationwide. In 2010, Walla Walla Community College graduated 44 students from its paramedic programs. Tuition at Walla Walla Community College was $3,390 per year.
If you choose to attend a Washington State paramedic school, average tuition will be $3,773 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,610 per year to $7,110 per year. In 2010, the following Washington State paramedic schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Central Washington University - located in Ellensburg, students are charged $7,110 per year
- Bates Technical College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $5,111 per year
- Bellingham Technical College - located in Bellingham, students are charged $3,745 per year
The following Washington State paramedic schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Clark College - located in Vancouver, students are charged $3,008 per year
- Tacoma Community College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $3,019 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paramedic school in Washington State go on to work as a paramedic. In 2010, there were 2,850 paramedics working in Washington State. The Washington State counties with the largest populations of paramedics are:
- King County - 1,480 paramedics
- Adams County - 310 paramedics
- Grays Harbor County - 200 paramedics
The government projects that the number of paramedics in Washington State will grow by 22%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,610 paramedics working in Washington State.
On average, paramedics earn $43,530 per year. But, salaries for paramedics can vary. In 2010, paramedics made as little as less than $19,000 per year or as much as more than $96,670 per year in Washington State. A paramedic in the following Washington State counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Pierce County - $65,880 per year
- Clallam County - $50,760 per year
- Thurston County - $49,840 per year
The following counties in Washington State have the lowest average salaries for paramedics:
- Chelan County - $27,250 per year
- Adams County - $33,020 per year
- Spokane County - $33,310 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in paramedic training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Paramedic Training in Washington State
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Washington State
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||2,850||$43,530||4.0%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||310||$32,490||10.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Washington State