There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Washington State
Approximately 0.4% of graduates in of Washington State receive pharmacy technician training certificates every year. That means an estimated 596 pharmacy technicians graduate from Washington State's 16 pharmacy technician schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a pharmacy technician program is Everest College-Everett, which is located in Everett. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. In 2010, Everest College-Everett graduated 71 students from its pharmacy technician program. Tuition at Everest College-Everett was $12,893 per year.
The second-ranked school in Washington State that has a pharmacy technician program is Everest College-Renton. Everest College-Renton, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Renton. In 2010, 70 students graduated from Everest College-Renton pharmacy technician program.
Everest College-Tacoma, which is located in Tacoma, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Everest College-Tacoma graduated 52 students from its pharmacy technician programs. Students at Everest College-Tacoma paid $15,661 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Washington State pharmacy technician school, average tuition will be $4,914 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,610 per year to $15,661 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington State pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Everest College-Tacoma - located in Tacoma, students are charged $15,661 per year
- Everest College-Bremerton - located in Bremerton, students are charged $15,135 per year
- Everest College-Everett - located in Everett, students are charged $12,893 per year
The following Washington State pharmacy technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
- Clark College - located in Vancouver, students are charged $3,008 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from pharmacy technician school in Washington State go on to work as a pharmacy technician. If you decide to work as a pharmacy technician in Washington State, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,880 Washington State pharmacy technicians as of 2010. The largest populations of Washington State pharmacy technicians are working in the following counties:
- King County - 2,960 pharmacy technicians
- Spokane County - 840 pharmacy technicians
- Pierce County - 650 pharmacy technicians
The government projects that the number of pharmacy technicians in Washington State will grow by 12%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,790 pharmacy technicians working in Washington State.
A pharmacy technician in Washington State earns $37,290 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Washington State pharmacy technicians earned as little as less than $24,450 per year or as much as more than $51,040 per year. The counties in Washington State with the highest average salary for a pharmacy technician are:
- Pierce County - $39,000 per year
- Thurston County - $38,580 per year
- King County - $38,480 per year
A pharmacy technician in the following counties in Washington State make the lowest salaries on average:
- Benton County - $32,530 per year
- Adams County - $33,390 per year
- Chelan County - $34,340 per year
For more data regarding a career in pharmacy technician training in Washington State and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or physician assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Washington State
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Washington State
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Washington State