There are schools offering photography courses in Washington State!
Schools Offering Photography Programs in Washington State
University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which is located in Seattle, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a photography program. It received a ranking of 13th in the country in 2010. 19 students graduated with a degree in photography from University of Washington-Seattle Campus in 2010. Tuition at University of Washington-Seattle Campus was $8,701 per year.
Western Washington University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a photography program. It is located in Bellingham. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Western Washington University photography program. The tuition rate at Western Washington University was $6,858 per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a photography program is Seattle University, which is located in Seattle. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. 9 students graduated with degree in photography from Seattle University in 2010. Students at Seattle University paid $30,825 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Washington State photography school, average tuition will be $9,499 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,610 per year to $30,825 per year. The Washington State photography schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Seattle University - located in Seattle, students are charged $30,825 per year
- The Art Institute of Seattle - located in Seattle, students are charged $17,560 per year
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus - located in Seattle, students are charged $8,701 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State photography schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spokane Falls Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Bellevue College - located in Bellevue, students are charged $3,060 per year
- Shoreline Community College - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,098 per year
A photography degree from a Washington State school... what next?
A large number of Washington State photography graduates become photographers. If you decide to work as a photographer in Washington State, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,100 Washington State photographers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State photographers:
- King County - 700 photographers
- Spokane County - 90 photographers
- Pierce County - 60 photographers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of photographers in the state of Washington State will grow to 4,550. This would require a 8% growth in the profession.
On average, a photographer earns a salary of $42,480 per year in Washington State state. However, Washington State photographers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,430 per year to more than $86,970 per year in 2010. The counties in Washington State with the highest average salary for a photographer are:
- King County - $47,410 per year
- Pierce County - $46,130 per year
- Spokane County - $33,160 per year
The following counties in Washington State have the lowest average salaries for photographers:
- Yakima County - $24,040 per year
- Kitsap County - $29,420 per year
- Spokane County - $33,160 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in photography. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as photography or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Photography in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Photography in Washington State
- Certificate in Photography in Washington State
Curious what studying Photography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture||280||$50,270||7.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are photography related jobs in Washington State