There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Washington State
Around 0.2% of Washington State's graduates graduate from radiology degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 249 radiology technicians graduate from Washington State's 12 radiology technician schools.
The top-ranked school in Washington State that has a radiology technician program is Pima Medical Institute. Pima Medical Institute, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Seattle. In 2010, 54 students graduated from Pima Medical Institute's radiology technician program.
Bellingham Technical College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Bellingham. 39 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from Bellingham Technical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Bellingham Technical College was $3,745 per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State that has a radiology technician program is Wenatchee Valley College. Wenatchee Valley College, which was ranked 83rd in the country in 2010, is located in Wenatchee. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Wenatchee Valley College radiology technician program. Wenatchee Valley College charged in-state students $3,099 in tuition fees per year.
Radiology technician schools in Washington State, charge students an average tuition of $2,919 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $3,745 per year, or as little as $2,610 per year. In 2010, the radiology technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Bellingham Technical College - located in Bellingham, students are charged $3,745 per year
- Yakima Valley Community College - located in Yakima, students are charged $3,442 per year
- Lower Columbia College - located in Longview, students are charged $3,405 per year
The radiology technician schools in Washington State that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Clark College - located in Vancouver, students are charged $3,008 per year
- Tacoma Community College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $3,019 per year
A radiology technician degree from a Washington State school... what next?
The highest percentage of radiology technician graduates in Washington State pursue careers as a radiology technician. In 2010, there were 4,260 radiology technicians working in Washington State. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State radiology technicians:
- King County - 1,780 radiology technicians
- Spokane County - 520 radiology technicians
- Pierce County - 310 radiology technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of radiology technicians is expected to grow by 24% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,330 radiology technicians working in the Washington State then.
A radiology technician in Washington State makes an average of $62,670 per year. On average a radiology technician earns the most in the following Washington State counties:
- King County - $68,030 per year
- Skagit County - $65,700 per year
- Thurston County - $62,290 per year
On average, radiology technicians earns the least in the following Washington State counties:
- Yakima County - $53,670 per year
- Adams County - $55,370 per year
- Spokane County - $55,400 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Washington State
- Certificate in Radiology in Washington State
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||4,680||$190,110||63.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Washington State