There are schools offering small business classes in Washington State!
Schools Offering Entrepreneurship Programs in Washington State
Around 0.1% of Washington State's graduates graduate from entrepreneurship degree programs every year. Thus, Washington State's 18 small business schools put out approximately 166 small business professionals each year.
University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which is located in Seattle, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a small business program. It received a ranking of 13th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Washington-Seattle Campus graduated 31 students from its small business program. Students at University of Washington-Seattle Campus paid $8,701 per year in tuition fees.
Washington State University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a small business program. It is located in Pullman. 25 students graduated with degree in small business from Washington State University in 2010. Tuition at Washington State University was $9,489 per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State that has a small business program is Edmonds Community College. Edmonds Community College, which was ranked 82nd in the country in 2010, is located in Lynnwood. In 2010, Edmonds Community College graduated 11 students from its small business programs. The tuition rate at Edmonds Community College was $3,566 per year.
Tuition at Washington State's small business schools ranges from $11,880 per year to $2,610 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,359 per year. The Washington State small business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Phoenix-Western Washington Campus - located in Seattle, students are charged $11,880 per year
- Washington State University - located in Pullman, students are charged $9,489 per year
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus - located in Seattle, students are charged $8,701 per year
The small business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Spokane Falls Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Tacoma Community College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $3,019 per year
A small business degree from a Washington State school... what next?
The Washington State counties with the largest populations of small business professional are:
- King County - 12,250 small business professionals
- Pierce County - 1,950 small business professionals
- Spokane County - 1,430 small business professionals
The government projects that the number of small business professionals in Washington State will grow by 6%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 23,940 small business professionals working in Washington State.
small business professionals in Washington State make an average of $131,480 per year. However, Washington State small business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $54,540 per year to more than $158,600 per year in 2010. On average small business professional earn the most in the following Washington State counties:
- King County - $144,300 per year
- Pierce County - $130,440 per year
- Benton County - $123,730 per year
On average, small business professionals earn the least in the following Washington State counties:
- Clallam County - $96,740 per year
- Columbia County - $97,770 per year
- Chelan County - $99,950 per year
The small business professionals with highest average salaries in Washington State were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $131,480 per year
On average, the lowest paid small business professionals in Washington State were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $131,480 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in entrepreneurship and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or marketing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Entrepreneurship in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Entrepreneurship in Washington State
- Master's Degree in Entrepreneurship in Washington State
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship in Washington State
Curious what studying Small Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||22,150||$131,480||31.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are small business related jobs in Washington State