There are schools offering social work degrees in Washington State!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Washington State
Each year, approximately 0.5% of Washington State graduates receive degrees in social work. In other words, every year an estimated 736 social workers graduate from Washington State's 11 social work schools.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a social work program is University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which is located in Seattle. In 2010, it was ranked 13th nationwide. 212 students graduated with a degree in social work from University of Washington-Seattle Campus in 2010. Students at University of Washington-Seattle Campus paid $8,701 per year in tuition fees.
Seattle University, which is located in Seattle, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a social work program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. 23 students graduated with degree in social work from Seattle University in 2010. Tuition at Seattle University was $30,825 per year.
Pacific Lutheran University, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a social work program. It is located in Tacoma. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Pacific Lutheran University social work program. Pacific Lutheran University charged in-state students $29,200 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington State's social work schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,952 per year, though tuition can range from $30,825 per year to $3,006 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington State social work schools were charged at the following schools:
- Seattle University - located in Seattle, students are charged $30,825 per year
- Pacific Lutheran University - located in Tacoma, students are charged $29,200 per year
- Saint Martin's University - located in Lacey, students are charged $26,677 per year
The social work schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Olympic College - located in Bremerton, students are charged $3,006 per year
- Clover Park Technical College - located in Lakewood, students are charged $4,419 per year
- Eastern Washington University - located in Cheney, students are charged $6,622 per year
A social work degree from a Washington State school... what next?
A large number of Washington State social work graduates become social workers. In 2010, there were 3,100 social workers working in Washington State. The Washington State counties with the largest populations of social workers are:
- King County - 1,360 social workers
- Pierce County - 500 social workers
- Spokane County - 270 social workers
The government projects that the number of social workers in Washington State will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,300 social workers working in Washington State.
On average, social workers earn $53,020 per year. But, salaries for social workers can vary. In 2010, social workers made as little as less than $19,460 per year or as much as more than $80,790 per year in Washington State. On average a social worker earns the most in the following Washington State counties:
- Chelan County - $57,850 per year
- Thurston County - $57,410 per year
- Skagit County - $56,910 per year
The following counties in Washington State have the lowest average salaries for social workers:
- Whatcom County - $39,220 per year
- Columbia County - $44,270 per year
- Adams County - $45,990 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in social work. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Washington State
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Washington State
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Washington State
- Certificate in Social Work in Washington State
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Social Workers, All Other||3,350||$52,250||308.5%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||3,100||$53,020||45.5%|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||2,500||$41,250||-8.4%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||1,660||$46,950|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Washington State