There are schools offering speech therapy programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Speech Therapy Programs in Washington State
Around 0.2% of Washington State's graduates graduate from speech therapy degree programs every year. Thus, Washington State's 6 speech therapy schools put out approximately 282 speech therapists each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a speech therapy program is University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which is located in Seattle. In 2010, it was ranked 13th nationwide. 107 students graduated with a degree in speech therapy from University of Washington-Seattle Campus in 2010. University of Washington-Seattle Campus charged in-state students $8,701 in tuition fees per year.
Washington State University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a speech therapy program. It is located in Pullman. In 2010, Washington State University graduated 53 students from its speech therapy program. The tuition rate at Washington State University was $9,489 per year.
Western Washington University, which is located in Bellingham, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a speech therapy program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Western Washington University graduated 52 students from its speech therapy programs. Students at Western Washington University paid $6,858 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Washington State's speech therapy schools ranges from $9,489 per year to $2,610 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,565 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington State speech therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Washington State University - located in Pullman, students are charged $9,489 per year
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus - located in Seattle, students are charged $8,701 per year
- Western Washington University - located in Bellingham, students are charged $6,858 per year
The speech therapy schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Spokane Falls Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Bates Technical College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $5,111 per year
- Eastern Washington University - located in Cheney, students are charged $6,622 per year
A speech therapy degree from a Washington State school... what next?
The highest percentage of speech therapy graduates in Washington State pursue careers as a speech therapist. In 2010, there were 260 speech therapists working in Washington State. The Washington State counties with the largest populations of speech therapists are:
- King County - 170 speech therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of speech therapists is expected to grow by 30% by 2018. There are projected to be 690 speech therapists working in the Washington State then.
A speech therapist in Washington State makes an average of $54,450 per year. A speech therapist in the following Washington State counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- King County - $56,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in speech therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as speech therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Speech Therapy in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Speech Therapy in Washington State
- Master's Degree in Speech Therapy in Washington State
- Doctoral Degree in Speech Therapy in Washington State
- Certificate in Speech Therapy in Washington State
Curious what studying Speech Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are speech therapy related jobs in Washington State