There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Washington State!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Washington State
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Washington State receive visual communications degrees every year. That means an estimated 422 visual communications professionals graduate from Washington State's 18 visual communications schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a visual communications program is University of Washington-Seattle Campus, which is located in Seattle. In 2010, it was ranked 13th nationwide. 75 students graduated with a degree in visual communications from University of Washington-Seattle Campus in 2010. Students at University of Washington-Seattle Campus paid $8,701 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Washington State with a visual communications program is Washington State University, which is located in Pullman. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. 72 students graduated with degree in visual communications from Washington State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Washington State University was $9,489 per year.
Western Washington University, which is located in Bellingham, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Western Washington University visual communications program. Tuition at Western Washington University was $6,858 per year.
If you choose to attend a Washington State visual communications school, average tuition will be $15,225 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,610 per year to $30,825 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington State visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Seattle University - located in Seattle, students are charged $30,825 per year
- Cornish College of the Arts - located in Seattle, students are charged $29,150 per year
- Seattle Pacific University - located in Seattle, students are charged $28,965 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spokane Falls Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Seattle Community College-Central Campus - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,282 per year
- Western Washington University - located in Bellingham, students are charged $6,858 per year
A visual communications degree from a Washington State school... what next?
Many Washington State visual communications graduates become a video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. If you decide to work as a visual communications professional in Washington State, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,000 Washington State visual communications professional as of 2010. This number includes 3,760 graphic designers, 350 video editors, and 670 audio visual technicians. The Washington State counties with the largest populations of visual communications professional are:
- King County - 3,370 visual communications professionals
- Spokane County - 390 visual communications professionals
- Pierce County - 190 visual communications professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of visual communications professionals is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 9,340 visual communications professionals working in Washington State then. Of these 9,340 visual communications professionals, the government predicts that 7,220 will be graphic designers, 440 will be video editors, and 1,050 will be audio visual technicians.
On average, visual communications professionals earn $49,140 per year. In 2010, however, some Washington State visual communications professional earned as little as less than $20,640 per year or as much as more than $105,520 per year. On average visual communications professional earn the most in the following Washington State counties:
- King County - $52,568 per year
- Pierce County - $49,620 per year
- Kitsap County - $44,900 per year
The Washington State counties with the lowest average salary for visual communications professionals are:
- Adams County - $33,930 per year
- Chelan County - $35,530 per year
- Grays Harbor County - $35,690 per year
The visual communications professionals with highest average salaries in Washington State were:
- Video Editor - $55,260 per year
- Graphic Designer - $50,080 per year
- Artist - $48,530 per year
On average, the lowest paid visual communications professionals in Washington State were:
- Artist - $48,530 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $42,690 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in visual communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Washington State
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in Washington State
- Doctoral Degree in Visual Communications in Washington State
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Washington State
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||670||$42,690||9.8%|
|Film and Video Editors||350||$55,260||133.3%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||220||$48,530||-31.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Washington State