There are schools offering accounting degrees in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in West Virginia
The top-ranked school in West Virginia with a accounting program is Marshall University, which is located in Huntington. In 2010, it was ranked 38th nationwide. 46 students graduated with a degree in accounting from Marshall University in 2010. The tuition rate at Marshall University was $5,285 per year.
The second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a accounting program is Ohio Valley University. Ohio Valley University, which was ranked 41st in the country in 2010, is located in Vienna. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Ohio Valley University accounting program. The tuition rate at Ohio Valley University was $17,910 per year.
The third-ranked school in West Virginia with a accounting program is Bethany College, which is located in Bethany. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Bethany College accounting program. Students at Bethany College paid $22,596 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a West Virginia accounting school, average tuition will be $10,145 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,064 per year to $24,980 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at West Virginia accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Wheeling Jesuit University - located in Wheeling, students are charged $24,980 per year
- University of Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $24,700 per year
- West Virginia Wesleyan College - located in Buckhannon, students are charged $23,980 per year
The accounting schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in West Virginia were:
- Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Moorefield, students are charged $2,064 per year
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
- Mountwest Community and Technical College - located in Huntington, students are charged $2,856 per year
An accounting degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
A large number of West Virginia accounting graduates become accountants. 4,160 accountants were working in West Virginia in 2010. The West Virginia counties with the largest populations of accountants are:
- Boone County - 1,140 accountants
- Barbour County - 710 accountants
- Boyd County - 600 accountants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,540 accountants will be working in West Virginia state. This would require the number of accountants to grow by 9%.
On average, accountants earn $59,820 per year. However, this number is only an average. accountants in West Virginia had varying salaries from $28,420 to $100,960 per year in 2010. The following counties in West Virginia have the highest average salaries for accountants:
- Washington County - $64,700 per year
- Fayette County - $63,680 per year
- Monongalia County - $62,730 per year
The following counties in West Virginia have the lowest average salaries for accountants:
- Boyd County - $52,900 per year
- Barbour County - $53,990 per year
- Belmont County - $56,970 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in West Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in West Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in West Virginia
- Master's Degree in Accounting in West Virginia
- Certificate in Accounting in West Virginia
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||7,850||$29,010||-4.5%|
|Accountants and Auditors||4,160||$59,820||-13.7%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||2,830||$25,690||-25.7%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||730||$30,070||-33.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in West Virginia