There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in West Virginia
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Virginia
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Washington DC
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Ohio
- Administrative Assistant Courses in North Carolina
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Maryland
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Kentucky
- See All Schools in West Virginia
Approximately 0.5% of graduates in of West Virginia receive administrative assisting certificates every year. That means an estimated 249 administrative assistants graduate from West Virginia's 23 administrative assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in West Virginia with a administrative assistant program is Valley College, which is located in Princeton. In 2010, it was ranked 59th nationwide. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Valley College's administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Valley College was $9,500 per year.
The second-ranked school in West Virginia with a administrative assistant program is Cabell County Career Technology Center, which is located in Huntington. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. 8 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Cabell County Career Technology Center in 2010. Tuition at Cabell County Career Technology Center was $3,500 per year.
The third-ranked school in West Virginia with a administrative assistant program is Fayette Institute of Technology, which is located in Oak Hill. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. In 2010, Fayette Institute of Technology graduated 0 students from its administrative assistant programs. Tuition at Fayette Institute of Technology was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a West Virginia administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $4,590 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,064 per year to $11,100 per year. The West Virginia administrative assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- West Virginia Junior College - located in Morgantown, students are charged $11,100 per year
- Valley College - located in Beckley, students are charged $9,500 per year
- Valley College - located in Princeton, students are charged $9,500 per year
The lowest tuition rates at West Virginia administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Moorefield, students are charged $2,064 per year
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg - located in Parkersburg, students are charged $2,076 per year
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a West Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in West Virginia go on to work as an administrative assistant. In 2010, there were 3,990 administrative assistants working in West Virginia. The following counties have the largest number of West Virginia administrative assistants:
- Boone County - 950 administrative assistants
- Barbour County - 710 administrative assistants
- Fayette County - 690 administrative assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of administrative assistants is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,300 administrative assistants working in the West Virginia then.
An administrative assistant in West Virginia makes an average of $35,630 per year. However, West Virginia administrative assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $21,970 per year to more than $55,170 per year in 2010. The counties in West Virginia with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- Belmont County - $40,050 per year
- Boone County - $38,690 per year
- Washington County - $37,090 per year
On average, administrative assistants earns the least in the following West Virginia counties:
- Barbour County - $32,840 per year
- Boyd County - $34,290 per year
- Fayette County - $35,700 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in West Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in West Virginia
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in West Virginia
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||30,580||$25,010||46.1%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||7,670||$26,600||-38.5%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||3,990||$35,630||-6.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in West Virginia