There are schools offering automotive training in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Automotive Repair Programs in West Virginia
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of West Virginia receive automotive repair certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 79 automotive mechanics graduate from West Virginia's 16 automotive schools.
The top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a automotive program is Carver Career Center. Carver Career Center, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Charleston. In 2010, Carver Career Center graduated 1 students from its automotive program.
The second-ranked school in West Virginia with a automotive program is Monongalia County Technical Education Center, which is located in Morgantown. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Monongalia County Technical Education Center automotive program. The tuition rate at Monongalia County Technical Education Center was $2,360 per year.
Fred W Eberle Technical Center, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a automotive program. It is located in Buckhannon. In 2010, Fred W Eberle Technical Center graduated 12 students from its automotive programs. Students at Fred W Eberle Technical Center paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of West Virginia's automotive schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,195 per year, though tuition can range from $3,504 per year to $2,076 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at West Virginia automotive schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bridgemont Community and Technical College - located in Montgomery, students are charged $3,504 per year
- Cabell County Career Technology Center - located in Huntington, students are charged $3,500 per year
- Ben Franklin Career Center - located in Dunbar, students are charged $3,420 per year
The following West Virginia automotive schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg - located in Parkersburg, students are charged $2,076 per year
- Monongalia County Technical Education Center - located in Morgantown, students are charged $2,360 per year
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College - located in Martinsburg, students are charged $3,072 per year
An automotive certificate from a West Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of automotive graduates in West Virginia pursue careers as an automotive mechanic. In 2010, there were 4,200 automotive mechanics working in West Virginia. The following counties have the largest number of West Virginia automotive mechanics:
- Boone County - 1,010 automotive mechanics
- Fayette County - 780 automotive mechanics
- Barbour County - 780 automotive mechanics
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of automotive mechanics is expected to grow by 4% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,000 automotive mechanics working in the West Virginia then.
On average, an automotive mechanic earns a salary of $27,320 per year in West Virginia state. In 2010, however, some West Virginia automotive mechanics earned as little as less than $16,560 per year or as much as more than $44,700 per year. An automotive mechanic in the following West Virginia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Belmont County - $29,410 per year
- Boyd County - $28,940 per year
- Fayette County - $27,020 per year
The following counties in West Virginia have the lowest average salaries for automotive mechanics:
- Washington County - $25,890 per year
- Monongalia County - $26,270 per year
- Boone County - $26,500 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in automotive repair. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Repair in West Virginia
- Certificate in Automotive Repair in West Virginia
Curious what studying Automotive gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||4,200||$27,320||0.2%|
|Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists||1,690||$31,720||-9.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are automotive related jobs in West Virginia