There are schools offering business administration degrees in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in West Virginia
Each year, roughly 3.6% of West Virginia students graduate with degrees in business administration. In other words, every year an estimated 1,919 general managers graduate from West Virginia's 33 business administration schools.
Marshall University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a business administration program. It is located in Huntington. In 2010, 85 students graduated from Marshall University's business administration program. Students at Marshall University paid $5,285 per year in tuition fees.
Ohio Valley University, which is located in Vienna, is the second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 41st in the country in 2010. 7 students graduated with degree in business administration from Ohio Valley University in 2010. Students at Ohio Valley University paid $17,910 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a business administration program is Concord University. Concord University, which was ranked 42nd in the country in 2010, is located in Athens. In 2010, Concord University graduated 65 students from its business administration programs. Concord University charged in-state students $4,974 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at West Virginia's business administration schools ranges from $24,980 per year to $2,064 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,806 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at West Virginia business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Wheeling Jesuit University - located in Wheeling, students are charged $24,980 per year
- University of Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $24,700 per year
- Alderson Broaddus College - located in Philippi, students are charged $22,204 per year
The business administration schools in West Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Moorefield, students are charged $2,064 per year
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg - located in Parkersburg, students are charged $2,076 per year
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
A business administration degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of business administration graduates in West Virginia pursue careers as a general manager. In 2010, there were 8,680 general managers working in West Virginia. The largest populations of West Virginia general managers are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 2,130 general managers
- Barbour County - 1,670 general managers
- Fayette County - 1,570 general managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of general managers is expected to shrink by -7% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,780 general managers working in the West Virginia then.
On average, general managers earn $78,500 per year. But, salaries for general managers can vary. In 2010, general managers made as little as less than $30,570 per year or as much as more than $165,490 per year in West Virginia. On average a general manager earns the most in the following West Virginia counties:
- Monongalia County - $87,310 per year
- Fayette County - $83,570 per year
- Boyd County - $82,800 per year
The following counties in West Virginia have the lowest average salaries for general managers:
- Belmont County - $71,420 per year
- Barbour County - $73,010 per year
- Boone County - $78,840 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in West Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in West Virginia
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in West Virginia
- Certificate in Business Administration in West Virginia
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||8,680||$78,500||16.8%|
|Administrative Services Managers||1,540||$58,730||87.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in West Virginia