There are schools offering business degrees in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Business Programs in West Virginia
Marshall University, which is located in Huntington, is the top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a business program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Marshall University graduated 373 students from its business program. Students at Marshall University paid $5,285 per year in tuition fees.
Ohio Valley University, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a business program. It is located in Vienna. 44 students graduated with degree in business from Ohio Valley University in 2010. Tuition at Ohio Valley University was $17,910 per year.
Concord University, which is located in Athens, is the third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a business program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Concord University graduated 65 students from its business programs. Students at Concord University paid $4,974 per year in tuition fees.
Business schools in West Virginia, charge students an average tuition of $8,581 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $24,980 per year, or as little as $2,064 per year. The West Virginia business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Wheeling Jesuit University - located in Wheeling, students are charged $24,980 per year
- University of Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $24,700 per year
- West Virginia Wesleyan College - located in Buckhannon, students are charged $23,980 per year
The lowest tuition rates at West Virginia business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Moorefield, students are charged $2,064 per year
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg - located in Parkersburg, students are charged $2,076 per year
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
A business degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of business graduates in West Virginia. West Virginia had 22,220 business professionals in 2010. 840 of these business professionals were business analysts, 1,980 were chief executive officers, and 8,680 were operations managers. The largest populations of West Virginia business professional are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 5,620 business professionals
- Barbour County - 4,060 business professionals
- Fayette County - 3,390 business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 24,650 business professionals will be working in West Virginia. This would require the number of business professional to grow by 9%.
On average, business professionals earn $65,623 per year. In 2010, however, some West Virginia business professional earned as little as less than $16,600 per year or as much as more than $165,490 per year. On average business professional earn the most in the following West Virginia counties:
- Monongalia County - $80,440 per year
- Boyd County - $76,988 per year
- Washington County - $72,981 per year
The following counties in West Virginia have the lowest average salaries for business professional:
- Fayette County - $62,345 per year
- Barbour County - $64,694 per year
- Boone County - $67,205 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in West Virginia were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $121,570 per year
- Human Resources Manager - $81,170 per year
- Operations Manager - $78,500 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in West Virginia were:
- Business Professor - $47,600 per year
- Credit Counselor - $39,100 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in West Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in West Virginia
- Master's Degree in Business in West Virginia
- Certificate in Business in West Virginia
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||8,680||$78,500||16.8%|
|Accountants and Auditors||4,160||$59,820||-13.7%|
|Administrative Services Managers||1,540||$58,730||87.8%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||510||$47,600||41.7%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||270||$49,620||22.7%|
|Human Resources Managers||260||$81,170|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in West Virginia